People who dont think London is tremendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are loads of places in central London where you can get a pint for £3.50 - £4.00, is that really that more expensive than up north? A quid a pint extra over a day out on the beer is only about a tenner or maybe fifteen quid if you're a proper drinking gadie.

I've got mates who won't go to Newcastle for a drink because they say it's too expensive. I explained that the pints were only 30-50p more expensive in the pubs I was on about going to. I said to him that I'd refund him the difference, and that if we stayed out and had say 6-7 pints, I'd buy him a pint to say cheers for coming through, which would result in a profit rather than a loss. Still wouldn't gan. :lol:

We normally just cab it there to be honest if we have to go early. And I may have said this before but London's official greatest airport is City - half an hour from stepping off the plane to walking through my front door.
is that right? I thought you were out Bexley village way.

Right. You can have a smaller house than you want and i'm sorry, you are losing your own mode of transport. On the plus side, you have access to some free art galleries. Fancy it?

Nah.

Do you reckon you'll die in Sunderland then mate?

We normally just cab it there to be honest if we have to go early. And I may have said this before but London's official greatest airport is City - half an hour from stepping off the plane to walking through my front door.

All the planes are git small. I don't like flying on small planes.

I couldn't do my job in Sunderland though. Nor could my mate who just bought a house in London recently. Nor could my other mate who works in TV. Or my other mate who's signed to a London record label. Do you see what I'm getting at?

You couldn't do my job either marra as we're not based in London.

The standard of living thing is more down to being able to get a better house for your money, shorter commute, lower crime rates, etc, etc. Don't get me wrong, London is great and I enjoyed working there but I don't think it's somewhere to spend all your life

You couldn't do my job either marra as we're not based in London.

The standard of living thing is more down to being able to get a better house for your money, shorter commute, lower crime rates, etc, etc. Don't get me wrong, London is great and I enjoyed working there but I don't think it's somewhere to spend all your life

Agree with that last bit. I very much doubt I'll stay here forever, I still have a yearning to live abroad and it's something I'd like to do sooner rather than later.

I just don't understand how you could move from Sunderland, to London, and then back again.

I've got mates who won't go to Newcastle for a drink because they say it's too expensive. I explained that the pints were only 30-50p more expensive in the pubs I was on about going to. I said to him that I'd refund him the difference, and that if we stayed out and had say 6-7 pints, I'd buy him a pint to say cheers for coming through, which would result in a profit rather than a loss. Still wouldn't gan. :lol:

much rather pay a quid a pint/bottle extra and drink in some decent places

much rather pay a quid a pint/bottle extra and drink in some decent places

Exactly. I'm thoroughly looking forward to spending £30 on six pints in Hackney this evening.

Someone's going to come along and call you a bender in a minute because you care about the environment in which you like to drink your beer mate.

Exactly. I'm thoroughly looking forward to spending £30 on six pints in Hackney this evening.

Someone's going to come along and call you a bender in a minute because you care about the environment in which you like to drink your beer mate.

Do you know if the pub you go to in Hoxton has got our match on on Saturday? If they have how much is a pint?

Agree with that last bit. I very much doubt I'll stay here forever, I still have a yearning to live abroad and it's something I'd like to do sooner rather than later.

I just don't understand how you could move from Sunderland, to London, and then back again.

It stacks up if you have a good job and family/emotional ties. When I worked in London my gaffer used to live in Worthing with a massive mortgage and a near 4 hour round commute each day. She was on the bones of her arse really and I felt a bit sorry for her. I was much better off. Decent house, decent car, top schools, plenty of shops, pubs and restaurants.........the beach at the end of my street, 5 minutes in the other direction I'm in the countryside........money in my pocket and life is good.

Love to visit London but to be honest it's a bit weird as most of my workmates commuted in and so it seemed a bit of a transient place to me. I would say live in London for a few years while you're a young man and then go live somewhere else..........there are worse places to go to than Sunderland......most places in the UK in fact.

Do you know if the pub you go to in Hoxton has got our match on on Saturday? If they have how much is a pint?

Not sure if they're showing it just yet like. Will PM you if they are. It's £4.80-£4.90 a pint of Sierra Nevada/Brooklyn. £5+ a pint of Lagunitas. They also sell real ales, ciders and lagers like Becks and Fosters but I'm not sure of the prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back