People who dont think London is tremendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It stacks up if you have a good job and family/emotional ties. When I worked in London my gaffer used to live in Worthing with a massive mortgage and a near 4 hour round commute each day. She was on the bones of her arse really and I felt a bit sorry for her. I was much better off. Decent house, decent car, top schools, plenty of shops, pubs and restaurants.........the beach at the end of my street, 5 minutes in the other direction I'm in the countryside........money in my pocket and life is good.

Love to visit London but to be honest it's a bit weird as most of my workmates commuted in and so it seemed a bit of a transient place to me. I would say live in London for a few years while you're a young man and then go live somewhere else..........there are worse places to go to than Sunderland......most places in the UK in fact.
I do think you need bundles of cash to live in London your entire time that's for sure.

It stacks up if you have a good job and family/emotional ties. When I worked in London my gaffer used to live in Worthing with a massive mortgage and a near 4 hour round commute each day. She was on the bones of her arse really and I felt a bit sorry for her. I was much better off. Decent house, decent car, top schools, plenty of shops, pubs and restaurants.........the beach at the end of my street, 5 minutes in the other direction I'm in the countryside........money in my pocket and life is good.

Love to visit London but to be honest it's a bit weird as most of my workmates commuted in and so it seemed a bit of a transient place to me. I would say live in London for a few years while you're a young man and then go live somewhere else..........there are worse places to go to than Sunderland......most places in the UK in fact.

I wouldn't live in most places in the UK though. I'd rather live in Kent, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Essex, Berkshire etc than in Sunderland an'all.

Not sure if they're showing it just yet like. Will PM you if they are. It's £4.80-£4.90 a pint of Sierra Nevada/Brooklyn. £5+ a pint of Lagunitas. They also sell real ales, ciders and lagers like Becks and Fosters but I'm not sure of the prices.

Cheers, I hope they have carling on if I make the effort to get up there

There are loads of places in central London where you can get a pint for £3.50 - £4.00, is that really that more expensive than up north? A quid a pint extra over a day out on the beer is only about a tenner or maybe fifteen quid if you're a proper drinking gadie.

That's twice the price of a pint in my main drinking establishment tbf

I bet it's a nice place.

It serves drinks I like, the barstaff tend to get you served quite quickly even when its busy, it has tvs with football on, tables and chairs, and my mates are there when I am. So yeah its great :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back