People who dont think London is tremendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't you live in a house share?

I bet you pay more rent for a bedroom than I do on my mortgage for a 3 bed semi with garage & garden

I live with my mate. I dare say I do yeah. What you going to do with all the extra money?

Don't you live in a house share?

I bet you pay more rent for a bedroom than I do on my mortgage for a 3 bed semi with garage & garden
You pay more as I bet near his house share there are more quality pubs/ restaraunts, shops , and things to do than near your three bed semi.
However I'm with you marra, I lived in London when younger and loved it, and I love to visit now, but prefer living away from it in a larger house than you could ever afford in the smoke. IMHO it's A young persons town / or for those with no kids , who have loads of disposable income to spend on the many great things the city has to offer

You pay more as I bet near his house share there are more quality pubs/ restaraunts, shops , and things to do than near your three bed semi.
However I'm with you marra, I lived in London when younger and loved it, and I love to visit now, but prefer living away from it in a larger house than you could ever afford in the smoke. IMHO it's A young persons town / or for those with no kids , who have loads of disposable income to spend on the many great things the city has to offer

But most seem to just go to pubs anyway with 'pretend' mates that they aren't even related to. Unlike us in the provinces, we have 'proper' mates who are probably even related to us.

Do I have to anything?
I'll have hobbies & do a bit of travelling

You should get into art and history then travel to London mate. We've loads of free galleries and museums, you'd love it.

You should get into art and history then travel to London mate. We've loads of free galleries and museums, you'd love it.

As others have said, it's a canny place to visit for a few days or whatever.
Think it was Epping who said a while back that the NE comes out tops on the quality of life surveys, mainly due to the low cost of housing & low crime rates.

Whenever I've been it's been canny rough and some weird people. Haven't been many times, admittedly.

Once I was going into Wear Garth and someone threw a half a brick off my head on the staircase, I found that a little worrying.

I lived in High garth for a couple of years. It was great.

The big garths have been flattened.

You'd have to live in a smaller house but you'd not have to own, run or tax a vehicle because you'd be using public transport. Your salary would probably increase. You'd probably save money on holidays because you can get cheaper flights down here...when you say 'standard of living', what exactly are you thinking of?

The standard at which you liv. The quality of life Oop North is much higher on comparable wages.

Public transport is spot on if you live near a Metro.

London is a fantastic city, but is making a rod for it's own back with the constant development of luxury flats and gentrification of working class areas .....Much prefer
London in the 80's ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back