Petition to hold a public inquiry into West Ham & LLDC deal for rental of Olympic Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were renting a house that was to be shared with others, would you expect to pay for all the improvements needed for you to move in?

If you were renting a house that was to be shared with others, would you expect to pay for all the improvements needed for you to move in?

If it was a mansion that I couldnt afford, I would expect to pay a considerable rent and deposit

"oh poor old me I live in the north east and the south gets everything"

get off the dole and get moving son

How presumptuous of you on a number of levels, you f***ing obnoxious wanker

They made the best offer to the landlord and it was accepted. Simple as that. Why would they offer to pay more if they don't have to? Anyway, they did originally have a deal to buy it outright which fell apart when Daniel Levy queried it, so you could blame him for costing the taxpayer money.

They made the best offer to the landlord and it was accepted. Simple as that. Why would they offer to pay more if they don't have to? Anyway, they did originally have a deal to buy it outright which fell apart when Daniel Levy queried it, so you could blame him for costing the taxpayer money.

The bit about the taxpayer contributing year on year to running costs......thoughts on that part?

It stops it being a white elephant. I wonder how much the site would be worth? But to avoid the white elephant we are paying £272M to make it suitable for football as well as the things it was already suitable for. £15M of that comes from West Ham - so that is £257M spent to make it 'busy' - good value? Beyond that West Ham get it better than rent free in that the utilities, security, stewarding, policing, goalposts, grass-cutting, line painting etc - all estimated at around the rent figure are at risk of rising faster than the rent, but west Ham are safe from the effects of rising costs - unique amongst English clubs. To hand over such sums and then pretend there is an acceptable 'legacy', compared to other cities, from the Olympic stadium is pathetic. It is simply government vanity covering up gross mismanagement of the 'olympic adventure'.

For me WHUFC have taken advantage of the Govt not wanting the site to become overrun and a white elephant as mentioned. They have taken advantage of every loophole and grant they can get their hands on, and Osbourne/Johnson etc have turned a blind eye.

To ask people with no interest in football or the Olympic stadium to contribute year on year to running costs is an absolute joke.

Worst rule broken for me was the Football League/Premier League rule which stops clubs moving to within a certain distance of another.....In this case Leyton Orient. To move right onto someone else's catchment area in football terms is a big no.

For me WHUFC have taken advantage of the Govt not wanting the site to become overrun and a white elephant as mentioned. They have taken advantage of every loophole and grant they can get their hands on, and Osbourne/Johnson etc have turned a blind eye.

To ask people with no interest in football or the Olympic stadium to contribute year on year to running costs is an absolute joke.

Worst rule broken for me was the Football League/Premier League rule which stops clubs moving to within a certain distance of another.....In this case Leyton Orient. To move right onto someone else's catchment area in football terms is a big no.

They've moved 2 miles within their own borough of Newham. Orient are in a different borough (Waltham Forest). Hardly moving into someone else's area is it!

So they are basically not allowed to move anywhere then, not even within their own borough? If they moved 2 miles the other way, they would be upsetting Dagenham & Redbridge. Be realistic, it is their own borough and no one is going to switch from Orient as a result of this.

The sensible thing to do which would have avoided all this shit, was to have built Wembley with a retractable running track which then could have been used to host any potential Olympics. Surely when plans were drawn up for the new Wembley an Olympic bid was in the offing. That way there would be no white elephant and a lot of money would have been saved.

Hearn was asked if Orient objected and he said no. Then when it started gaining momentum he changed his mind and/or wanted a pay out. He began kicking off left right and centre but his objections were ignored because the football authorities already had his signed statement that he and Orient didnt give a fuck. Journos who ask him about it have their interviews pulled up short. He shot himself and Orient in the foot and fuckin knows it.....ask him about it some day.

The sensible thing to do which would have avoided all this shit, was to have built Wembley with a retractable running track which then could have been used to host any potential Olympics. Surely when plans were drawn up for the new Wembley an Olympic bid was in the offing. That way there would be no white elephant and a lot of money would have been saved.

Far too sensible that marra.

Coe wouldnt allow the Olympic Stadium to be built with a retractable running track because it meant a football club would inevitably end up playing there. That **** has wasted millions of pounds of tax payers money. He's the one who should be investigated before WHU.

Last edited:
"oh poor old me I live in the north east and the south gets everything"

get off the dole and get moving son
I'm not on the dole and the South East gets a disproportionate amount of central government investment.

Everyone moving to the south east isn't the answer.

Things like HS2 and Heathrow 3 are prime examples of investments that would never even be considered in the north.

Therefore WHU will no longer have their own ground, just one they hire on a weekend, right? Cause you seem to know, smartarse....

You a WHU fan? Do you know any? I do.

London Evening Standard Fri 28/8/15:

David Sullivan (WHU Co-Owner) says " Oi Gards! Cor blimey me old china.....we are renting the stadium for 25 days. If we use it for more we have to pay additional money. We get absolutely nothing from stadium tours and pitch events, all that money goes to the stadium operators. The stadium operators also get the lions share of the match day catering"

Apparently 10,000 signatures and the Government have to respond, 100,000 and it is considered for debate in parliament.

Not sure if that is quite followed to the letter of the law because obviously you can get some daft petitions organised over Facebook, but if it raises awareness and media attention to the matter it's a good thing.
Isn't that in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back