Physical activity has little role in tackling obesity

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what we have learned so far is that if you give up every type of food that is even remotely enjoyable to eat and you exercise like Billy O you will be the right weight ?
I'm the right weight, have virtually no cholesterol and eat and drink what the fuck I like. I do exercise like Billy Osborne though.

My weight has always been heavily correlated to a mix of diet and exercise. When I ate lots of pizza and did no exercise I was a bit of a porker.

Even by SMB standards, this thread is f***ing stupid :oops::lol:
If two people spend a year eating exactly the same potentially fatty diet, one of them exercises and one of them sits on their idle arse, which one do you think will be fatter?
People just need an excuse to look as bad as they do.
Stop treating fatties on the NHS and let them crack on. Give them all the information they need then it's rntirely their choice.
Let's have a purge of the gene pool and save the system billions.

My next door neighbours are grossly overweight and have been known to do two takeaway runs a night!

Just the other week they checked in on facebook at a restaurant in town had a meal then came in with a takeaway a couple of hours later.

The sad thing is you can see the bairns now starting to balloon like them. Their oldest was saying to my daughter just the other day how she would love to lose weight and be slim like her but can't tell her parents for fear of getting wrong!!!

Anyone who thinks exercise doesn't aid weight loss is a complete moron

That's not what the article says.

What it does say is:

"Physical activity has little role in tackling obesity - and instead public health messages should squarely focus on unhealthy eating, doctors say."

Different!

It then goes on to state:

"They said while activity was a key part of staving off diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and dementia, its impact on obesity was minimal."

That's not what the article says.

What it does say is:

"Physical activity has little role in tackling obesity - and instead public health messages should squarely focus on unhealthy eating, doctors say."

Different!

It then goes on to state:

"They said while activity was a key part of staving off diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and dementia, its impact on obesity was minimal."
It isn't minimal though either how do these so called clever folk come up with such brainless shite

It isn't minimal though either how do these so called clever folk come up with such brainless shite

I think, with all due respect, I prefer to accept the views of the medical profession rather than your goodself and when compared to the effects of eating cr*p food it logically has to be.

Well i for one eat mostly shite but im out on me bike most days and i am noticeably losing weight like

This. He's talking shite.

So you're allowed 2000 to 2500 calories per day.

If you stick to that without exercising but most of the calories are by eating pasties and donuts, then I reckon you won't lose weight.

Most people who are counting calories will have changed to a healthier diet.

Your metabolic rate plays a massive part.

Bit over the top on the weight estimate there - I weigh 22 clem, but the rest is right yes. I haven't been 9 stone since I was about 15, my fighting weight is generally 11-12 stone (and I'd be very happy with that).

In that case, can I make some serious suggestions because you clearly need to take things step by step and not attempt to do everything at the same time?

1) Don't start counting calories at this time, that will only make things seem like hard work, resulting in you feeling depressed and so be counter productive.

2) Only eat food that you have cooked/prepared for yourself from fresh from scratch (breakfast/lunch (can be prepacked and taken to work)/dinner) and eat nothing after dinner - I wouldn't even worry too much about portion sizes/number of courses at this stage!

3) Cut out all snacks between meals - you don't/won't need them, especially if you are eating better food.

4) Moderate your alcoholic intake - I'm not suggesting that you cut it out totally, just keep it in check.

Then, given the amount you have to lose I will be very surprised if at least 3 stones don't just fall off easily (with no pain) in the first three months.

As I said, it's one step at a time and if you do what I've suggested I believe you will start to feel healthier as well as saving a potful of cash, before going to the next stage!

Bit over the top on the weight estimate there - I weigh 22 clem, but the rest is right yes. I haven't been 9 stone since I was about 15, my fighting weight is generally 11-12 stone (and I'd be very happy with that).

Some good advice from Laeo there IMO. If you're that overweight, you don't have to starve yourself, just eat more sensibly and cut out the junk, it'll fall off you.

Some good advice from Laeo there IMO. If you're that overweight, you don't have to starve yourself, just eat more sensibly and cut out the junk, it'll fall off you.

Cheers Andrew, much appreciated.

One thing that I forgot to include though is to cut out all fizzy drinks and pre-packaged fruit juices which are just full of sugar and other nasties!

Sorry for my omission @look out piano!

Tea, coffee, water all ok but Cola etc are things that should be avoided at all costs.

Cheers Andrew, much appreciated.

One thing that I forgot to include though is to cut out all fizzy drinks and pre-packaged fruit juices which are just full of sugar and other nasties!

Tea, coffee, water all ok but Cola etc are things that should be avoided at all costs.

What about diet cola? I hardly ever drink it but it doesn't cause weight gain does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back