Policing at the Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, the anecdote was used as a vehicle to emphasise the main point of the piece, which was to draw comparisons between Seb Larsson's adaptation and evolution into a central midfield player of genuine influence and Kevin Ball's similar journey. So, in that regard, yes, the language was more dramatic than it would have been otherwise.

...and that is fair, in it's intent at least if not the execution.

Though I reckon Seb drew far more groans following his initial move to the middle of the park. Only this year has it turned around for him. Remember a couple of games under O'Neil where he was so far off the pace that the ground was wanting him off....and rightly so as he was having a mare.

P.S. Still not forgiven you for 'come by yar'

Last edited:

Politicians answer that, mate.... But maybe you feel you have to be as a published writer who also posts on here. I only commented as I've enjoyed reading your stuff before. I'm not interested in tit-for-tat responses.. you have responded, which is enough for me, but I'd definitely disagree with the bit about your misjudgement being minor.

It's a writer's answer marra. I alone know what I set out to say. If I failed to hit the intended tone, then it's my fault, but only I can judge my intentions. Yet the second people disagree with something you've written, they climb behind their keyboards and computer screens and start hurling judgemental abuse like they are in the least bit informed about your work. Then THEY tell you that YOU'RE arrogant because you don't accept the judgement that they took it upon themselves to deliver.

People telling me that they think I got it wrong or missed the balance and they disagree with the article, I am more than happy to accept. I'm privileged to get the chance to do it. If I hadn't listened and adapted to criticisms in the past, I wouldn't still be writing today. People instantly telling me I'm a liar and other crack conspiracy theories, though, and becoming instantly and persistently abusive over a period of weeks simply to justify in their head the mere possibility that someone could have a different perspective or recollection as them... well that's not someone I can or should be taking seriously.

It's a writer's answer marra. I alone know what I set out to say. If I failed to hit the intended tone, then it's my fault, but only I can judge my intentions. Yet the second people disagree with something you've written, they climb behind their keyboards and computer screens and start hurling judgemental abuse like they are in the least bit informed about your work. Then THEY tell you that YOU'RE arrogant because you don't accept the judgement that they took it upon themselves to deliver.

People telling me that they think I got it wrong or missed the balance and they disagree with the article, I am more than happy to accept. I'm privileged to get the chance to do it. If I hadn't listened and adapted to criticisms in the past, I wouldn't still be writing today. People instantly telling me I'm a liar and other crack conspiracy theories, though, and becoming instantly and persistently abusive over a period of weeks simply to justify in their head the mere possibility that someone could have a different perspective or recollection as them... well that's not someone I can or should be taking seriously.
And you wonder why people take the piss

A writers answer :lol:

You are no Jeffrey Archer

But you are merely lying. The rest is bluster. You are a liar.
Now, your alleged stutter, you say on twitter you love it when it is mentioned, now on here you are offended????
And you hate abuse yet the pm were full of abuse. Liar, hypocrite and talentless.

just get pissed and tell them to fuck off ffs it's saturday and you're replying like graham greene

How pathetic. What is it in you that you are such a great fan and others aren't. You do it to me aswell.

You see the bit where I put childish but relevant..?
He claims I hate Nufc more than i love Safc.....should I not try and dispute it?

im out of breath trying to read that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back