Policing at the Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe we should sticky this by way of a warning to all new posters - this is what happens when an internet message board takes over your life.

It's a writer's answer marra. I alone know what I set out to say. If I failed to hit the intended tone, then it's my fault, but only I can judge my intentions. Yet the second people disagree with something you've written, they climb behind their keyboards and computer screens and start hurling judgemental abuse like they are in the least bit informed about your work. Then THEY tell you that YOU'RE arrogant because you don't accept the judgement that they took it upon themselves to deliver.

People telling me that they think I got it wrong or missed the balance and they disagree with the article, I am more than happy to accept. I'm privileged to get the chance to do it. If I hadn't listened and adapted to criticisms in the past, I wouldn't still be writing today. People instantly telling me I'm a liar and other crack conspiracy theories, though, and becoming instantly and persistently abusive over a period of weeks simply to justify in their head the mere possibility that someone could have a different perspective or recollection as them... well that's not someone I can or should be taking seriously.
Liar.

Fuck me. What a thread.

My favorite part being where Bristow gets warned to cut out the abuse.

He can clearly hold his own but I'm yet to see a mod step in and warn others when they're dishing the abuse out towards him.

Ironically i get told by Mods that I dish it out but cannot take it.
Of course I dont like being abused but I temper it by giving it back.
One poster on here has brought up the past, lied like mad, just to try and get me banned.
And as for the Mod stepping n, my understanding is that NO other thread on this site has nasty words, hence why his was the only thread to censor..........

Fuck me. What a thread.

My favorite part being where Bristow gets warned to cut out the abuse.

He can clearly hold his own but I'm yet to see a mod step in and warn others when they're dishing the abuse out towards him.
Pancho was on him like a f***ing rash! I assume he's a mod but unless dishing out warnings via pm seems a bit bizarre only The Dog gets it public.

spoiling the derby for me like;)

Pancho was on him like a f***ing rash! I assume he's a mod but unless dishing out warnings via pm seems a bit bizarre only The Dog gets it public.

spoiling the derby for me like;)
I did pm Pancho asking if any thread came under his mod radar......no reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back