Positives - Sick of Negativity

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazza.1990

Winger
Too many negative posts on here as late, you'd think we were rock bottom with 0 points.

- We have the joint 6th best defensive record so far.
- We have no single player on two or more yellow cards.
- We have 3 injury/suspension "prone" players that have played all 5 games without issue (Brown, Catts & Rodwell). Adding to that, very little injuries throughout the squad.
- Our two home games so far have been against (arguably, due to recent results) those who I'd expect to finish in the Top 7.

I am strong believer that the league doesn't take shape until 10 games in. In the same way it takes 10 games for new players/teams to show their true potential when fully match fit. So we have 5 games before we can really judge the squad, of those 5, we have 3 home games.

We've made bid strides in clearing out the Deadwood which have been hampering our wage bill over recent season, and without being ITK with our finances, we must be looking healthy going into the new Financial Year. This will only improve if we stop sacking managers and having to sign 10+ players every summer.

We are laying good foundations to really make a push up the league in 2-3 seasons time.

Now I'm ready for the endless negative responses now I've got that off me chest :lol:

Too many negative posts on here as late, you'd think we were rock bottom with 0 points.

- We have 3 injury/suspension "prone" players that have played all 5 games without issue (Brown, Catts & Rodwell). Adding to that, very little injuries throughout the squad.
- Our two home games so far have been against (arguably, due to recent results) those who I'd expect to finish in the Top 7.

I am strong believer that the league doesn't take shape until 10 games in. In the same way it takes 10 games for new players/teams to show their true potential when fully match fit. So we have 5 games before we can really judge the squad, of those 5, we have 3 home games.

We've made bid strides in clearing out the Deadwood which have been hampering our wage bill over recent season, and without being ITK with our finances, we must be looking healthy going into the new Financial Year. This will only improve if we stop sacking managers and having to sign 10+ players every summer.

We are laying good foundations to really make a push up the league in 2-3 seasons time.

Now I'm ready for the endless negative responses now I've got that off me chest :lol:
Im all for positivity..
But - We have the joint 6th best defensive record so far
and - We have no single player on two or more yellow cards.
Really?! :lol::lol:
There must be better examples than those!

Yet we haven't won a game, played 3 worse teams in the division away from home. And are 1 point off bottom. Happy days

Too early for real negativity but there is very little positives.

We have found yet another way how NOT to score. Pretty soon we will find them all and then the flood gates of non-stop scoring will open!

This is more depressing than the negative posts.

I tried.... :lol:

Im all for positivity..
But - We have the joint 6th best defensive record so far
and - We have no single player on two or more yellow cards.
Really?! :lol::lol:
There must be better examples than those!

The defensive record is fine... It's a good base to improve on, I do think the creativity/goals will come eventually so if the defence is still good, that should bring us more points!

I admit I was scraping the barrel after that though lol

I tried.... :lol:

The defensive record is fine... It's a good base to improve on, I do think the creativity/goals will come eventually so if the defence is still good, that should bring us more points!

I admit I was scraping the barrel after that though lol
:lol::lol:
Well Ive been laughing at that, so therefore it has buoyed my mood and in turn increased my positivity. Aim achieved. Thankyou!

Yet we haven't won a game, played 3 worse teams in the division away from home. And are 1 point off bottom. Happy days

Too early for real negativity but there is very little positives.
Not only haven't won a game but we haven't looked like winning a game. Canny worrying, early days tho.

Or to put a different slant on things: Despite having had no injury worries, virtually a fully fit squad to choose from, no suspensions and 3 away games against sides that will probably finish in the bottom 6 we have failed to score against 2 of those 3 sides, losing 1 and not even winning so much as a corner against another, drawn at home to Manchester United who have drawn away at Burnley and lost away at Leicester, and drawn at home to Spurs who sandwiched that draw with a comprehensive loss at home to Liverpool and a loss at home to West Brom, we haven't won a league game this season along with only 2 other clubs and have the joint 5th worst goals scored.
The truth is the situation is neither great nor terrible for the moment, but we need to kick start the season in the next 3 games to avoid a potentially worrying season again.

2-3 seasons we wont be in the prem then.

Think you over did your Prozac dosage you Optimistic bellend

At least relegation battles are never dull. We all know this well enough.

I'm normally a pessimist, but people are going way over board here.

4 points in 5 games is not great by any standard. But there are certainly positives
- A draw away from home is never a bad result, not even agianst Burnley. Try to win your home games and draw away games against every team outside top 7. Try to get something every now and again against top 7 teams. That's pretty much the strategy for all teams in the lower half of the table. We're not too far from that.
- We kept a clean sheet. Important, as we've conceded in all of the first 4 games. Yes, our strikers don't score a lot, that's why clean sheets are important.
- Yes our strikers don't score, but midfield players have chipped in which is important.
- We're certainly not the only shit team in the league
- Gus appears somewhat relaxed. Compared to the mood swings of last season, that has got to be a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back