Potential Loans

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Doubt

Winger
Nick Powell - Man Utd

Was on loan at Wigan last season and looked decent. Scored a few goals. Highly rated by Man U staff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Powell

Serge Gnabry - Arsenal

Got a few appearances last season for the first team, mainly from the bench. Seems a good prospect, needs regular football to give him a chance to show everyone what he can do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnabry

Gerard Deulofeu - Barcelona

Obviously had a decent season on loan at Everton last year. Perhaps we could offer him more minutes on the pitch than Everton could? Can't see him breaking into the first team at Barcelona.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerard_Deulofeu

Other players who could possibly be up for grabs;

Zaha, Zouma, Moses, Campbell...

Anderson (Man Utd) - not worth the risk of buying but the lad does have ability he has just ruined himself. Who knows maybe Gus could get some of that quality out of him

Campbell (Arsenal)

Kurt Zouma or Christian Atsu (Chelsea)

Fuck loans. Let's try and get a settled squad.

So then, you would have preferred us to buy Wayne Bridge, Sotiros Kyrgiakos and Kader Mangane, is that right ?

Do you feel more comfortable knowing that Roberge, Diakite, Cabral and Graham are ours, all ours ?

What about players in the last year of their contracts, do they offer any more 'stability' than a loanee ?

Do you resent the contributions that Rose, Alonso, Ki and Borini have made to the performance of the team in the last couple of seasons and would rather we had just used our own players instead (for example, Bramble, Kilgallon, Vaughan and McClean) ?

Nick Powell - Man Utd

Was on loan at Wigan last season and looked decent. Scored a few goals. Highly rated by Man U staff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Powell

Serge Gnabry - Arsenal

Got a few appearances last season for the first team, mainly from the bench. Seems a good prospect, needs regular football to give him a chance to show everyone what he can do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnabry

Gerard Deulofeu - Barcelona

Obviously had a decent season on loan at Everton last year. Perhaps we could offer him more minutes on the pitch than Everton could? Can't see him breaking into the first team at Barcelona.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerard_Deulofeu

Other players who could possibly be up for grabs;

Zaha, Zouma, Moses, Campbell...
No write up on Zaha, Moses, Zouma or Campbell?

You got bored didn't you? Need to do more to get a "like" there fella

Eh what? Was only trying to say that I would like us to have a settled squad instead of filling gaps every season. Loans have helped us I agree, we have also gotten some useless ones.

If we don't get a settled team together we will forever be near the bottom and struggling, imo.

Eh what? Was only trying to say that I would like us to have a settled squad instead of filling gaps every season. Loans have helped us I agree, we have also gotten some useless ones.

If we don't get a settled team together we will forever be near the bottom and struggling, imo.
Think we all would mate but we just don't have the budget to achieve that. Hopefully in a few years time we won't have to depend on loans by developing our own players.

Anderson (Man Utd) - not worth the risk of buying but the lad does have ability he has just ruined himself. Who knows maybe Gus could get some of that quality out of him

Campbell (Arsenal)

The same Anderson who left Man Utd in Jan?

I think that you need to accept that since freedom of contract, any player who performs well for one of the 'second tier' clubs in the Premier League will attract the attention of the 'first tier' clubs (think Bent, Henderson and Mignolet) even after only one or two seasons into a four year contract and they will be away. A longer term contract means absolutely nothing in reality these days (think Bent and Gyan) Conversely, those players who under-perform (think Gardner, Vaughan and Campbell) will possibly reach the end of their contracts and may want to stay, but the club will want to let go. Only a few (for example, Larsson and, theoretically, Colback) will fall into the middle ground.

The 'churn' of players (even those with long term contracts) at clubs such as SAFC will normally always be greater than at Arsenal, Man Utd, etc. and thus a settled team that largely remains unchanged season after season is a thing of the past for such clubs. Comfort yourself by pretending that a loanee is just another permanently registered SAFC player who is buggering off early. Take further comfort in the fact that sometimes you are glad to see the back of some loanees but then balance this joy with the disappointment that Roberge, Diakite and Cabral were not loanees who we could have got shot of at the end of the season.

Wonder how Gus is thought of at Chelsea and Spurs and if it holds any sway with getting the likes of Zouma or maybe Harry Kane? Or has he been gone too long and the relevant contacts are elsewhere (like Congerton?)

Wonder how Gus is thought of at Chelsea and Spurs and if it holds any sway with getting the likes of Zouma or maybe Harry Kane? Or has he been gone too long and the relevant contacts are elsewhere (like Congerton?)
Kane would be a waste of a loan. Not as good as A fit Fletcher or on form Wickham.

When its time for the loans to be brought in Short will awake from his slumber "Oh goody. I like this time of year."

Campbell (Arsenal)

Yeah, I think Atsu would be a great addition. As good or better than Borini IMO. Certainly a better athlete than Borini. Not sure why he isn't being pursued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back