Poyet/Wickham

Status
Not open for further replies.

So? Had we bought him this year you'd still say he has potential and you've just ignored my examples :lol:
I could give you a load of players over the years that were touted as being the next big thing and died a death, so your claim either way doesn't make much difference. It comes down to conner wickham and the lad is lazy, doesn't want to give 100% and has a dont care mentality

I think if he was going to sign it would have been done by now.

The deal offered clearly isnt to CWs liking, and he isnt doing anything on the pitch to twist the clubs arm into splashing out more money, so I think unless he hits a good run of form and the club shifts its position, he wont be here next season.

I could give you a load of players over the years that were touted as being the next big thing and died a death, so your claim either way doesn't make much difference. It comes down to conner wickham and the lad is lazy, doesn't want to give 100% and has a dont care mentality
Can't argue with any of that mate TBF.

If we rely on CW as a main striker for another few years we will never be anything but a bottom six side.....Oh....

He's committed 27 fouls so far this season, which is the highest in the league.

I honestly hope he doesn't sign a new contract. Lazy. Ball greedy and not very good.

I loved the one at the start of the game with Southampton where Clyne started to sprint past him... You could see the thought process of "ah fuck it, I can't be arsed" and just took his legs away before he got past.

the lad is lazy, doesn't want to give 100% and has a dont care mentality

That was being said every week about Fletcher till he went on his run of good form over the last few games.
SAFC fans are always going on about strikers not caring, being lazy or trying etc, I must be the only one who doesn't have this fabled northeast psychic ability.

That was being said every week about Fletcher till he went on his run of good form over the last few games.
SAFC fans are always going on about strikers not caring, being lazy or trying etc, I must be the only one who doesn't have this fabled northeast psychic ability.

To be fair the thread is about conner wickham?

To be fair the thread is about conner wickham?

My point is that every criticism of him, has been at pretty much made at every striker I have seen play for us since the eighties.
I honestly think Sunderland fans get very irate if a player has poor body language as this means he hates us and our mothers.

He's committed 27 fouls so far this season, which is the highest in the league.

I honestly hope he doesn't sign a new contract. Lazy. Ball greedy and not very good.

That is ridiculous for a forward who hardly throws his weight around. Mostly just laziness, tripping someone rather than hustling to get back.

Wickham is a lightweight for his size

Granted he's playing out of position wide on the left

He's well overrated

In fact he' a f***ing waste of space

Get rid of the ****

That's got nothing to do with it, to suggest Wickham is finished at 21 is nothing short of mag-type delusion and to say you know his mentality is childish and smacks of an agenda. But I don't care if you hate Wickham, he WILL improve and there's no doubt in my mind about it.

Wickham is a lightweight for his size

Granted he's playing out of position wide on the left

He's well overrated

In fact he' a f***ing waste of space

Get rid of the ****
dont think we are in a position to get rid of him considering our options , tbf to the lad hes a big reason we are still in this league and yes i agree there seems to be an attitude problem but hes still only 21 and most can see there is a player in there . He seems a bit bulky to be more mobile but its up to our training staff to get him to an ideal weight . Id love him to come good .

dont think we are in a position to get rid of him considering our options , tbf to the lad hes a big reason we are still in this league and yes i agree there seems to be an attitude problem but hes still only 21 and most can see there is a player in there . He seems a bit bulky to be more mobile but its up to our training staff to get him to an ideal weight . Id love him to come good .

I would like to see him prove me wrong as well

As it stands, if we got rid of him, our limited options are reduced even further especially with the injury prone Fletch

IMO Wickham will never prove to be a 'regular' goalscorer.

I just don't think he has the attitude or application to succeed with us

I would like to see him prove me wrong as well

As it stands, if we got rid of him, our limited options are reduced even further especially with the injury prone Fletch

IMO Wickham will never prove to be a 'regular' goalscorer.

I just don't think he has the attitude or application to succeed with us
up to the club to change that along with the individual , there were signs when he was outstanding in those few games last season .

up to the club to change that along with the individual , there were signs when he was outstanding in those few games last season .

'Outstanding' no way

I'll agree his contribution in the last 5 games of the season helped save us from the drop

But, there's no way I see him consistently playing as he did in these 5 games

I just don't rate him

One Game!

Agree he done the bizz that night

But apart from that..... ?
all in getting across is there is a player in there that lacks dedication (maybe) he has attributes that could make him a very good player but doesnt seem to have the enthusiasm here to excite him , maybe Poyet gives him that kind of vibe and hence the attitude . I dont know but there has to be a reason(s) for his demeanour .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back