Poyet/Wickham

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was being said every week about Fletcher till he went on his run of good form over the last few games.
SAFC fans are always going on about strikers not caring, being lazy or trying etc, I must be the only one who doesn't have this fabled northeast psychic ability.

To be fair the thread is about co

No, what I'm getting at is that ever since he arrived from Ipswich, this 'Potential' nonsense has been pushed at us year after year, and for me, at 21, he should be actually looking the player we thought we'd invested in, and for me he looks nothing like a half decent forward at all. How long does 'potential' take to run out before we realise we've bought badly , again FFS? Just get frustrated with us always getting our pants pulled down in the transfer market, and then trying to justify something such as potential to disguise the fact.
How is it nonsense? It's exactly right. We saw improvement towards the end of last season

I have a feeling he's not been offered one. Gus is hardly doing all he can to make him sign, and his Dad came out a while ago saying nothing was on the table.

all in getting across is there is a player in there that lacks dedication (maybe) he has attributes that could make him a very good player but doesnt seem to have the enthusiasm here to excite him , maybe Poyet gives him that kind of vibe and hence the attitude . I dont know but there has to be a reason(s) for his demeanour .

Agree to differ on this, my opinions are fuelled by how much we paid for him and his 'playboy appearance'

If we'd only paid £1 mill for the useless **** and he had a short back and sides!!! I wouldn't be debating this!

;)

How is it nonsense? It's exactly right. We saw improvement towards the end of last season
So 4 year on we see 'improvement'? Four years after spending £8m and we see improvement? You are so easily pleased or happy to see the last few week of a player we loaned all over Yorkshire and they sent him back as progress. Wickham is yet another dud and however you dress it up, we've got a player who at that age should be knocking on the door of Hodgson, yet struggles to get into an average Poyet side.

So 4 year on we see 'improvement'? Four years after spending £8m and we see improvement? You are so easily pleased or happy to see the last few week of a player we loaned all over Yorkshire and they sent him back as progress. Wickham is yet another dud and however you dress it up, we've got a player who at that age should be knocking on the door of Hodgson, yet struggles to get into an average Poyet side.
Struggles to get in Poyet's side? Really. You also said potential talk was nonsense? That is utter bullshit.

I think you're hung up on the transfer fee tbh. He wasn't what we needed at the time but he is what we got. What we got was potential

He has never had a full season playing regularly surely you can't judge him without one? Last season was clear progress but I agree he can't live off it. Play 2 up top and see how he is. Can't afford to lose him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back