Prague airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrossan

Striker
Apologies cos someone kindly passed along info before..but I lost it.

Anyhow arriving at Prague airport in a few days and was wondering best way to get into the city. Heard the cabs can be a rip off. Is there a rail link or bus link? Thanks.

Apologies cos someone kindly passed along info before..but I lost it.

Anyhow arriving at Prague airport in a few days and was wondering best way to get into the city. Heard the cabs can be a rip off. Is there a rail link or bus link? Thanks.

Take the number 37 bus from outside the Airport gates.

Did the bus about six weeks ago, cheap as chips. But then you'll need a metro most likely, you need coins to buy the metro ticket from a machine.

We got a big taxi thing they wait until its full before they head off into the city, wasn't too expensive iirc

Bus to Dejvicka metro station iirc, metro from there into centre. When you get into the airport arrivals hall there's a public transport office where you can buy various ticket types, they work on hourly, 1 day, 3 day from memory. Very good integrated tram and metro system.

A taxi into the centre will cost you about 35quid (AAA Taxi's at the airport are fine) but depending on the time it could take forever. I'd just get the number 119 bus from outside the airport to the end stop Dejvicka then jump on the metro and in 3 stops you are at Wenceslas Square - tickets cost less than a quid and it takes about 40 mins. Buy your ticket from the IDOS stand in the airport as the driver won't accept notes and remember to stamp your ticket in the machine on the bus when you get on - ticket is valid for 1 hour on all transport

A taxi into the centre will cost you about 35quid (AAA Taxi's at the airport are fine) but depending on the time it could take forever. I'd just get the number 119 bus from outside the airport to the end stop Dejvicka then jump on the metro and in 3 stops you are at Wenceslas Square - tickets cost less than a quid and it takes about 40 mins. Buy your ticket from the IDOS stand in the airport as the driver won't accept notes and remember to stamp your ticket in the machine on the bus when you get on - ticket is valid for 1 hour on all transport

Fuck that...Taxi

Hotel sorted our transfer out. Big bloke, shaved head and leather jacket picked us up. Carried both cases in one hand, whilst talking non stop into his mobile. Ushered into a top of the range Skoda Octavia and sped off into the old town. Didn't speak a word except to curse a 'f** prostitute' who crossed in front of him, but cast a few glances towards Mrs Cruze on several occasions.

He told us rather than asked us that he would take us back when we left. I didn't argue. Cheap as chips though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back