"Pre season results don't matter"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played with a lack of intensity & made a few really bad errors in defence which were punished. A typical pre season game.

However we did create some excellent chances & some of the moves (all involving Lens) were played with exactly the kind of pace & incision we'd been lacking previously.

Interesting to get a first hand view from someone who was actually there.
Can't believe the neg heads like. its getting rediculous. Whats happened to @not spavin - used to be a pro Sunderland lad. Maybe the lack of sleep is affecting his mood.

Interesting to get a first hand view from someone who was actually there.
Can't believe the neg heads like. its getting rediculous. Whats happened to @not spavin - used to be a pro Sunderland lad. Maybe the lack of sleep is affecting his mood.
Seems to have decided that Congertons a waste of space so he'll grab any opportunity to stick the boot in. sad really.

Excellent mate, did you watch it online somewhere or were you there? Do you think this game was used to it's maximum benefit or do you think we could have tried something else? Will we always use Lens as our creative outlet do you think or s will get wise to this so maybe it's worth trying another tactic while it doesn't matter? When you say it was a typical pre season game have you been to them all, every season or are you basing it on a limited experience?

What I'm saying mate is that I'm not pathetic for expressing an opinion about something that concerns me about the club I've supported for 50 years, I'm afraid that we're not as prepared as we could or should be with one more practice game before the season starts so fuck you with your condescending attitude

Preseason is important for fitness but not results. Remember there is no points on offer
Without a doubt, they'll tell yer owt, they must think that we know nowt. Just like losing, winning can become a habit, might as well have good habits as bad ones. There's nothing more demoralising than defeat especially when they come game after game, with a win being the odd blip. Good habits is what we need and good players to make good habits, anything else is bullshit.

Seems to have decided that Congertons a waste of space so he'll grab any opportunity to stick the boot in. sad really.

I'm judging him on his achievements or lack thereof. There's still time to make a couple of signings, but anyone will bring in will have little to no pre season. I assume uyou don't criticise any Sunderland employees? If so, well done.

If you'd like some positives, Congerton's hair is always neat and understand that he has a clean driving licence.

Every shit pre-season is swept away with this line, right until the shit pre-season inevitably gives way to a shit actual season.

We're having a shit pre-season because we can't create chances, can't keep clean sheets and can't score goals. That's because our players are shit and we have - yet again - approached the transfer window like it's a lass at a disco and we're a sweaty virgin.

We've performed triage on a Championship-standard defence and spent real money on Lens. And surprise surprise; we look absolutely shit aside from Lens.

It's the 29th of July. If we want to make to 10 years in the Premier League, we need to stop f***ing about and sign some players who are good enough for the Premier League. Not players who were good enough when Westlife were popular, not good enough in Crete, not good enough when they reach puberty - good enough now.

Here's an idea.

Advocaat seems to know what he wants. How about giving him an iPhone and a chequebook, sending Congerton, Short and all of the other fuckwits out for sandwiches and let an actual football man to sign actual footballers. Tell Advocaat to text Congerton when he's a) finished and b) is ready for his tuna melt.

In 2016 we could finish below Bournemouth. f***ing Bournemouth. Fuck systems. Fuck sporting directors. We need some people who are good at playing football, and we need them now.
Top post.

Excellent mate, did you watch it online somewhere or were you there? Do you think this game was used to it's maximum benefit or do you think we could have tried something else? Will we always use Lens as our creative outlet do you think or s will get wise to this so maybe it's worth trying another tactic while it doesn't matter? When you say it was a typical pre season game have you been to them all, every season or are you basing it on a limited experience?

What I'm saying mate is that I'm not pathetic for expressing an opinion about something that concerns me about the club I've supported for 50 years, I'm afraid that we're not as prepared as we could or should be with one more practice game before the season starts so fuck you with your condescending attitude

Wind your neck in.

It's pathetic for a bloke your age to sit slating the club for a performance you've not witnessed. If you'd have seen the game you'd know how far off your assement of it was.

Every shit pre-season is swept away with this line, right until the shit pre-season inevitably gives way to a shit actual season.

We're having a shit pre-season because we can't create chances, can't keep clean sheets and can't score goals. That's because our players are shit and we have - yet again - approached the transfer window like it's a lass at a disco and we're a sweaty virgin.

We've performed triage on a Championship-standard defence and spent real money on Lens. And surprise surprise; we look absolutely shit aside from Lens.

It's the 29th of July. If we want to make to 10 years in the Premier League, we need to stop f***ing about and sign some players who are good enough for the Premier League. Not players who were good enough when Westlife were popular, not good enough in Crete, not good enough when they reach puberty - good enough now.

Here's an idea.

Advocaat seems to know what he wants. How about giving him an iPhone and a chequebook, sending Congerton, Short and all of the other fuckwits out for sandwiches and let an actual football man to sign actual footballers. Tell Advocaat to text Congerton when he's a) finished and b) is ready for his tuna melt.

In 2016 we could finish below Bournemouth. f***ing Bournemouth. Fuck systems. Fuck sporting directors. We need some people who are good at playing football, and we need them now.

do you get 3 points for a win like?

no

I'm judging him on his achievements or lack thereof. There's still time to make a couple of signings, but anyone will bring in will have little to no pre season. I assume uyou don't criticise any Sunderland employees? If so, well done.

If you'd like some positives, Congerton's hair is always neat and understand that he has a clean driving licence.
Of course I do, however I like to think I have a bit of balance.

Something sadly lacking in your opening post.

See my post above
I have & I don't agree at all. We were flying pre season under di canio. I remember us having shite pre seasons under Reid followed by some of the best seasons we've had in my time following the lads.

Results don't matter, getting players sharp does.

I have & I don't agree at all. We were flying pre season under di canio. I remember us having shite pre seasons under Reid followed by some of the best seasons we've had in my time following the lads.

Results don't matter, getting players sharp does.
Winning brings confidence, good teams go out to win, good supporters want to see wins. This docile acceptance of defeat makes me wonder what the hell people go for, it's not as if they are watching 1970s Brazil to make up for it. Football is ALL about results and losing is not a result, a loss is a loss, two losses are a dead loss.

Winning brings confidence, good teams go out to win, good supporters want to see wins. This docile acceptance of defeat makes me wonder what the hell people go for, it's not as if they are watching 1970s Brazil to make up for it. Football is ALL about results and losing is not a result, a loss is a loss, two losses are a dead loss.
It was a f***ing friendly man. There was no next round of the cup to look forward to if we won, no points at stake. In fact nothing at all at stake.

I'd have prefered to have seen us win but for me it was a chance to have a look at the new signings & thats it.

Played with a lack of intensity & made a few really bad errors in defence which were punished. A typical pre season game.

However we did create some excellent chances & some of the moves (all involving Lens) were played with exactly the kind of pace & incision we'd been lacking previously.
One man doesn't make a team, Lens will already have been studied, make as many chances as you like, it's goals that win games. Teams that can't score are easy meat, go a goal behind and they usually can't catch up, just like us last night. Anything else is bullshit.

It was a f***ing friendly man. There was no next round of the cup to look forward to if we won, no points at stake. In fact nothing at all at stake.

I'd have prefered to have seen us win but for me it was a chance to have a look at the new signings & thats it.
Winners want to win everygame, that's why they become winners, anything else is bullshit, no more than excuses for mediocrity.

Don't understand the over the top criticism of Congerton. I tend to find people criticise him and don;t really know why they're doing it.

Maybe people criticise him because he is in charge of "player recruitment strategy"(the words of Margaret Byrne when appointed) and he is failing badly. The Vergini and Alvarez fiasco's are firmly at his feet, £10m in fees for players this summer who are highly likely never to play for the club again, it is staggering incompetence.

One man doesn't make a team, Lens will already have been studied, make as many chances as you like, it's goals that win games. Teams that can't score are easy meat, go a goal behind and they usually can't catch up, just like us last night. Anything else is bullshit.

Winners want to win everygame, that's why they become winners, anything else is bullshit, no more than excuses for mediocrity.
You're just repeating cluches now. I don't agree, I don't think results pre season have any baring on our seasons & have shown examples to back that up.

Maybe people criticise him because he is in charge of "player recruitment strategy"(the words of Margaret Byrne when appointed) and he is failing badly. The Vergini and Alvarez fiasco's are firmly at his feet, £10m in fees for players this summer who are highly likely never to play for the club again, it is staggering incompetence.
The Vergini fiasco? He's out on loan. Seems he's found an answer for that.
The Alvarez fiasco hasn't even been decided yet.

Yet again I'll say people don't really know why they are criticising him.

What fiasco was that? He went out & signed a player the manager wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back