Promenade pub in Seaburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad who is 92 and still going and yes has more hair than me would be disgraced by this, he flew lancasters during World War II but was shit down after his 8th sortie and was held as a pow until the end of the war

1) he fought for such things
2) he struggles to get out and about

This is a disgrace even though if it was down to the owner being a plank !

And clearly a complete tool !

heard the pub owner on the radio on the way home from work, he sounded completely shocked at the attention this has caused and he then claimed that wheelchair users and pushchair users used the pub and had their chairs taken apart and put away by staff members. He sounded very confused about it all, I think he realised he's fucked up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p022y6vy - 1hr 8 mins in or so

Last edited:
Haway man, half these people with kids in pushchairs and that have mobility scooters only have them to get extra benefits. From memory the sign about pushchairs etc has been up for a few years on airshow weekends. Cannit understand what all the fuss is about now. Might pop in this afternoon and give them a bit of custom. Would hate to see people put out of a job.

Haway man, half these people with kids in pushchairs and that have mobility scooters only have them to get extra benefits. From memory the sign about pushchairs etc has been up for a few years on airshow weekends. Cannit understand what all the fuss is about now. Might pop in this afternoon and give them a bit of custom. Would hate to see people put out of a job.

If what you say is true then the pub owner is a liar (even though it's obvious he was telling lies in his interview), as he said it's the first time they have ever had to put such a notice up

If what you say is true then the pub owner is a liar (even though it's obvious he was telling lies in his interview), as he said it's the first time they have ever had to put such a notice up

:) Aye, of course it is the first time. The first time since last years air show maybe.

So my dad who is 92 and Flew Lancasters in the war and still alive and has had hearing issues for the last 30 years for serving his country is only doing it for benefits? @Paddy O'Dors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back