Putin

Status
Not open for further replies.
well we like to put all our leaders into handy comfortable fitting boxes... for 80% of the last century the leader of the USSR was leader of the evil empire, we're conditioned to look to vlad as an extension of this and put him back into that box...

in some ways, its a tribute to boris y back in the 90s who shook off the communist overtones... helped with a shit load of vodka
Aye Boris certainly broke the mould!

So we have @spitfire @moshpit @ReidysLeftLug and @El Matador (if he has made his mind up yet) so far, anyone else on here admire Putin and his work so far?

Define admire and work. It would appear to me he is being accused of something the west does daily, I mean are we or are we not supplying arms to Israel who are then blowing the fuck out of innocent women and children in Palestine?

I thought you were a fan of his, sorry if I'm wrong.

t's quite a simple question. I asked you this in another thread and you said you'd answer the question on a thread about Putin, so we'll try agian. Are you a fan of Putin?

It's easy see, I'm not a fan of Putin, I think he's a dangerous lunatic. You turn........

It don't think it is wise to be a fan of any form of politician, in fact I think it is naive. You are having a pop at people because at some point down the line they have said something pro-Putin. Has it came out that Putin shot the plane down or is it just that he supplied the Ukrainian rebels with arms to counter the helicopters that were blowing them to pieces? If it is the case that Putin gave the rebels this missile system, then I do not see why he should be held accountable; he is simply doing what the United Kingdom and America do all over the world, supplying arms to make money. The people who have lost family members in the shooting down of the plane will be able to show empathy with those who have lost loved ones in Gaza and across the world in war zones, after all the Ukraine is a war zone. War really is a tragic story.

Last edited:
Define admire and work..

Admire : applaud, praise, express admiration for
Work : activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a result.

It don't think it is wise to be a fan of any form of politician

Me neither, it's natural you'll agree with some more than others due to their actions though, I dare say you'll admire some more than others too?

You are having a pop at people because at some point down the line they have said something pro-Putin.

I'm not having a pop at anyone (barring maybe Putin for obvious reasons). People are entitled to their own opinions.

Last edited:
Admire : applaud, praise, express admiration for
Work : activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a result.
So are you suggesting people applaud, praise, express admiration for him shooting down a civilian airliner, which I believe he is yet to do? Which also means you are implying he shot it down, give your head a wobble man. In terms of supplying arms, chemical arms as well, you want to look into the bill of the UK and US. The problem here is the west don't like Mr Putin therefore any opportunity they can they will put him down, brand him as the boogeyman, when in actual fact the people doing the branding are the kings of the game.

Me neither, it's natural you'll agree with some more than others due to their actions though, I dare say you'll admire some more than others too?

I admire actions such as the founding of the NHS, not actions that result in the death of people. For the record I am against war, that includes supplying arms to small factions within nations to destabilise regions, supplying arms to help fight wars, and supplying arms in general.

I'm not having a pop at anyone (barring maybe Putin for obvious reasons). People are entitled to their own opinions.

Okay then so now I know that you invited me here because you disagree with my opinion, which is?

Last edited:
So are you suggesting people applaud, praise, express admiration for him shooting down a civilian airliner.

No, as far as I'm aware, he hasn't been charged with such an act, I meant in general.

Okay then so now I know that you invited me here because you disagree with my opinion, which is?

Invited you here? You started the thread, did you not?

I admire actions such as the founding of the NHS, not actions that result in the death of people.

That's good, me too!

No, as far as I'm aware, he hasn't been charged with such an act, I meant in general.

Invited you here? You started the thread, did you not?

You reopened a thread off over a month ago because a tragedy occurred; you reopened it with the sole purpose of using said tragedy to support your opinion that Putin is a very bad man. You then invited me to the thread. Haway man.

That's good, me too!

So do you think Putin is a bad man, more specifically which actions of Putin render him a 'bad man'?

You reopened a thread off over a month ago because a tragedy occurred; you reopened it with the sole purpose of using said tragedy to support your opinion that Putin is a very bad man. You then invited me to the thread. Haway man.

I didn't. I asked @El Matador a question regarding Putin on another thread, he asked me to start a thread about Putin and ask him on there. Yours happened to be the newest thread to post on.

Would you say Putin is a good man?

So do you think Putin is a bad man, more specifically which actions of Putin render him a 'bad man'?

I think he's a dangerous man, in that respect he could well be described as being bad, or a bit of a twat.

As for specific actions, his ruman rights stance, specifically, but not limited his stance on gay rights.

Last edited:
I didn't. I asked @El Matador a question regarding Putin on another thread, he asked me to start a thread about Putin and ask him on there. Yours happened to be the newest thread to post on.

Would you say Putin is a good man?

Okay.

I would say he is as good a man as Obama, Bush, Blair et al. If the media had published all the deaths as a result of our nations supplying arms to foreign countries, would it change peoples opinion of these leaders or do you think there is a concentrated effort, a campaign of propaganda if you like?

Okay.

I would say he is as good a man as Obama, Bush, Blair et al. If the media had published all the deaths as a result of our nations supplying arms to foreign countries, would it change peoples opinion of these leaders or do you think there is a concentrated effort, a campaign of propaganda if you like?

I'd say he ranks much higher on the evilometer than Obama and Blair for sure.

Do you agree with his stance on gay rights?

I'd say he ranks much higher on the evilometer than Obama and Blair for sure.

Do you agree with his stance on gay rights?

I have no need to agree/disagree with his stance regarding domestic policy, it is not my country. His foreign policy, similarly with Obama and Blair's, I disagree with unconditionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back