R.I.P. Iain Hesford :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nee age at all 54 - makes you realise you only have one life so make the most of it. Thoughts with family. RIP Iain

Hesford was in goal down Springfield Park, Wigan for the famous mud slide game.

Pretty sure the game ended 2-2 and Iain had the ball booted out of his hands late on to give Wigan a point. The moment was captured on a photo which was shown on the front page of Wise Men Say with the title 'bringing the game into disrepute.'

EDIT: http://www.thestatcat.co.uk/Match.aspx?MatchID=784&LU=S&LUID=109

RIP.
I was reading through thread looking to see if anyone had mentioned this.You put more or less word for word what I was going to put.Probably because I was there with you like.

I first saw Ian Hesford play in a pre-season friendly at Hartlepool in 1986, he was a big old unit and he had a good game that day. He went on to cost us a few goals the following season but redeemed himself in div 3. Was moved on for Tony Norman, no complaints there.
R.I.P Hessey.

Showed a lot of character to come back from the relegation to the old 3rd division and played his part in getting us straight back up again. That 3rd division season was my first full season of attending, RIP Iain. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back