Rail line to Port of Sunderland to be reopened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get in ya fuckaaaaaaa!!! we've been dreamin.................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzz

Amazing all of those rail lines closed uner Beecham and now they are re-opening at a rate of knots. What goes around comes around.

That's amazing news ! There used to be four tracks from Ryhope Grange junction to Hendon Junction and then 2 tracks from Fawcett Street Junction to Hendon Junction. Here's a track plan of Londonderry Junction
Logon or register to see this image

Londonderry Junction Signalling Plan par PinzaC55, on ipernity
Londonderry Junction signalbox seen by me in 1977

Londonderry Junction Signalbox 26.5.77
par PinzaC55, on ipernity
Train leaving South Dock in 77. I had just had a ride from Pallion on a coal train.

Sunderland Class 37 26.5.77

The main line runs along the coast to the south,must there are multiple branches running into the port;

Dropped pin near East End, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear SR1, UK http://tracking code removed/maps/db68b

I hope the rest of the plans actually progress too, although I am confused to why South Tyneside council is bidding for money with a Sunderland council owned port.

That's amazing news ! There used to be four tracks from Ryhope Grange junction to Hendon Junction and then 2 tracks from Fawcett Street Junction to Hendon Junction. Here's a track plan of Londonderry Junction

Train leaving South Dock in 77. I had just had a ride from Pallion on a coal train.

absolutely lush train, that.

I started on the railway at South Dock and was gutted when it closed.I've known this was going to come off for a while and glad it has.Hope it expands into the old yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back