Rail line to Port of Sunderland to be reopened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news this.

Hope they make a hornby scale model of it and have it in display in the bridges for all to see.

[QUOTE="Skrabble, post: 18774884, member: 2170good news this.]

Hope they make a hornby scale model of it and have it in display in the bridges for all to see.[/QUOTE]
Do you really think our council could do this without them screwing it up somehow?

Quite right and network rail will benefit in the long term. However, Network rail also had a contractual obligation to maintain the line anyway, which they haven't done so they now have to cough up. Network Rail weren't particularly happy about it but the Port/Council had them bang to rights.
I'm sure there is some byelaw about lines going into docks that they can't be ripped up or built over.

Possibly but the last time I went past on the train they looked really knackered and if I was a train driver I wouldn't be happy about driving there. The South Dock branch is still connected and the signals are working but the track will probs be unsafe and I think it has been tarmacced over at Grangetown Crossing.
They were a mess when they were in use.I've been off the road up there propelling into the top loop.

I just uploaded a video of my PC simulation of the line here
It looks a bit fuzzy on my monitor but maybe that's because I had to use Windows movie maker to reduce it in size from 85GB :cry:

good that. on 6 minutes the crossing and piggery were spot on, even looked up my old street.st aidans ave on 6.50. those railway cottages on the island anarl :cool:

hopefully they'll put a little metro train on it to ferry us pissheads from the hendon grange to the welcome tavern via the regale and blue house

The Regale, there's a blast from the past. I imagined that would have closed down years ago. They used to serve one of the best pints of Exhibition in Sunderland.

Regarding the pics of Millfield Station, does anyone know what the old Millie cinema is being used as now? If it's still there of course.

The Regale, there's a blast from the past. I imagined that would have closed down years ago. They used to serve one of the best pints of Exhibition in Sunderland.

Regarding the pics of Millfield Station, does anyone know what the old Millie cinema is being used as now? If it's still there of course.

regale still open just,the cinema is cheemas snooker club and gym

Amazing that mind. So many pubs closing yet they've managed to stay open. What's it like now marra? It used to be a lovely old pub.

Cheers for the info on the cinema. Saw my first film there, price of admission, two jam jars. Nice to know it's still there. :D

Amazing that mind. So many pubs closing yet they've managed to stay open. What's it like now marra? It used to be a lovely old pub.

Cheers for the info on the cinema. Saw my first film there, price of admission, two jam jars. Nice to know it's still there. :D

tbh i don't know how or why it stays open,as you said the ex was lethal in there

good that. on 6 minutes the crossing and piggery were spot on, even looked up my old street.st aidans ave on 6.50. those railway cottages on the island anarl :cool:

Cheers ! When I used to go down here with my dad there always seemed to be dogs barking somewhere (you never saw them) and random fires so I wanted to show them too. I can well remember the old street of concrete houses beside the gasworks but I never been able to find a photo of them. I used a bit of artistic license because Hendon Gasworks signalbox closed in 1937 but I wanted to show it, and i mostly worked off 1940 OS maps out of Sunderland library. They have hordes of pictures of the Docks in the local studies section for anyone who wants to check them out.

Cheers ! When I used to go down here with my dad there always seemed to be dogs barking somewhere (you never saw them) and random fires so I wanted to show them too. I can well remember the old street of concrete houses beside the gasworks but I never been able to find a photo of them. I used a bit of artistic license because Hendon Gasworks signalbox closed in 1937 but I wanted to show it, and i mostly worked off 1940 OS maps out of Sunderland library. They have hordes of pictures of the Docks in the local studies section for anyone who wants to check them out.
Good work that marra - painstaking stuff. Talk about a labour of love! Also showed our lasses house on St. Aidan's Estate around 6.50 anarl. I think the barking dogs are her friggin' next door neighbour's:evil:

It looks a bit fuzzy on my monitor but maybe that's because I had to use Windows movie maker to reduce it in size from 85GB :cry:
Class that
Could you do one up the Northumberland Coast from newcastle to edinburgh

Hats off to anyone who models stuff, I played around in Train Sim a few years ago, but that looks a lot nicer and more detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back