Recommend me a laptop #1242588

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right lads and lasses, i have been looking for a laptop and its has got me head in a pickle.

I tend to use the laptop for well basically nowt and I dont know why I need a new one but anyway. I play the odd game on it (Sim City) and use iTunes, an watch the occasional film.

Would like it to run my game smoothly and with good graphic detail. HDD is not important as I have a separate 2tb WD Cloud thing. Think i would like a 256gb Solid State thing.

I have a Lenovo Z500 which is i5 3210-m with 6gb of Ram. I hate it when the laptop lags so I think 8gb is the minimum i would like. Would love Full HD screen and hopefully Blu Ray.

Looka me I have £600 sheets to spend. What would you recommend

Children are starving, pensioners are freezing and you're looking to buy a new laptop, you make me sick!

Why, not being funny here but whats so good about them? Talk me into buying one!

So that everyone else knows you've got a Mac. I'm sorry like but I wouldn't dare get a Windows laptop out in Starbucks. It was cringeworthy as fuck when someone got their Galaxy Tab out as well, I nearly dropped my iPad as the place fell silent.

Nah but seriously though, I prefer the OS to Windows, it's faster, more reliable, safer.

I wouldn't recommend one to just anyone because with people having different needs and Windows having about 85(?) percent of the market share, there are some programs that don't run on OSX, and they don't always play nice with Windows machines.

They're more expensive for what you get that's a fact and I was lucky to get a good student discount.

@Sleepy would be able to tell you more but in the interest of fairness @PTR would tell you to put your money into a higher spec Windows machine

Both have their merits depending on your use

If you aren't a gamer then get a MacBook.

As @Frijj has said they are just nicer to use. It's a cliche but they tend to just work, nice and fast, free OS updates, more secure, slicker.

http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_5000745

The above is a university discount link, use that for discount if you wish.

You can get a Mac and keep it for years they will still run well.

Check what software you need first, as not all works - you can get Ms office which is the main thing people want from windows I suppose.

Have a look at them, check out the retina screens and the build and you will probably be sold there and then ;)

If you aren't a gamer then get a MacBook.

As @Frijj has said they are just nicer to use. It's a cliche but they tend to just work, nice and fast, free OS updates, more secure, slicker.

http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_5000745

The above is a university discount link, use that for discount if you wish.

You can get a Mac and keep it for years they will still run well.

Check what software you need first, as not all works - you can get Ms office which is the main thing people want from windows I suppose.

Have a look at them, check out the retina screens and the build and you will probably be sold there and then ;)

He is a gamer though, SC runs fine on mine like.

Anyways we should be recommending the lad a laptop under £600 so we should be focusing on some decent spec windows machines from Amazon IMO

For that budget you'll get a good one @Langleyparkmackem

He is a gamer though, SC runs fine on mine like.

Anyways we should be recommending the lad a laptop under £600 so we should be focusing on some decent spec windows machines from Amazon IMO

For that budget you'll get a good one @Langleyparkmackem

Meant hardcore gamer, a lot of games do run on a Mac but it can't be classed as a gamers machine.

For what he uses the laptop for - a 300-400 quid machine from pc world will do.

If you want a good windows laptop you end up paying close to MBP price anyway imo..

Sorry Walter mate. I've got a MacBook Pro and it's the biggest heap of shit I've ever had. Apple have got you by the balls. Compatibility with owt else is is shocking!

Details,please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back