religion. what is the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John 1:1 - 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.'
Now perhaps you could actually define your terms, eventually...
That doesn't mean God won't change his mind, anyway your point is a bit useless because God using the tools available is not him changing his mind.

Why do you keep asking me to define my terms, what are you actually getting at? I dont believe in interventionist God as such BTW.

But to the timeless, past, present and future would all be the same otherwise it wouldn't be timeless.
Says who

Well I'd have to read it again including the original Hebrew, but it wasn't a command it was an incident that happened and was recored, and I'm not convinced it actually says rape in the original language, obviously anyone who wants the bible to be an evil book would be keen to see it one way.

He's not bound by time, there's no reason to assume he isn't aware of it, and the backwater judeans had Jesus, what's so complicated about it?
Really?

and where did you study theology then?

And if you didn't study theology, then where did you learn ancient Hebrew?

That doesn't mean God won't change his mind, anyway your point is a bit useless because God using the tools available is not him changing his mind.

Why do you keep asking me to define my terms, what are you actually getting at? I dont believe in interventionist God as such BTW.

Says who

If he/she/it is anything, it's capricious.

Says who
So do you worship a deistic god or something?

Happy Clapper: "God created the universe"

Rational Person (ignoring the sheer arrogance that the Happy Clapper shows in claiming to know this) "Oh ok. Who created God?"

Happy Clapper: "He's always been there."

So all bets are off. There's the trump card of irrationality. Alas, in the 21stC so many people still think like this. It's quite sad. Actually, it's more than that, it's worryingly pathetic.

Creation requires the paradigm of 'time', therefore a timeless creator is a logical fallacy. It is also special pleading to assert that your specific god is exempt from rules that govern everything else. To state that God is beyond rational capability, is to completely denounce Christianity in its entirety. It would be like accepting we live in a 2D world, and yet claim some people in a backwater of Judaea managed to walk off the page in a 3rd dimension, 2000 years ago, and somehow know the chartacteristics, name and personality of something that would be absolutely impossible for anybody to ever perceive. Also, if he precedes time, then he has no perception of it, and couldn't be interventionist.
Given that I said God wasn't created that whole thing is a waste of keystrokes

I've told you loads of times it would involve revealing all of my religious beliefs on here which I'm not gonna do, why does it matter so much to you?
Cos I'm trying to understand whether your beliefs are coherent and logical or whether they are incoherent, contradictory and illogical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back