removal firms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve selby removals goggle him you'll find him. Based up cramlington like but I ran a storage warehouse for 4 years and he is by far the best I came across only one I would recommend to my customers and he's a reasonable price and a top grafter.

#commission

I had the b and q van for about 3 hours in total, think its £14 an hour plus ya mileage.

Now that i think about it, it must have been about £50 for the van, not bad for 3 hours though

It was a "mate" who "borrowed" the van man :lol:

Ashbrooke? Opposite Sunderland High School

Nah not there.

I used Bedrock removals last time, spot on.

4 lads, 2 vans, many trips £250. Bargain, took all of the worry out of the day.

Used Low Fell last year. Weren't the cheapest but thats the second time I've used them and they've been spot on. Turned up with a panel van to move the contents of a three bedroom house and it was like Tetris when they had it full but they got it all in one trip!

I am planning on doing the removal myself when I move. Am I being silly doing this?
Did that myself ,started filling boxes and taking to work or dumping ,then hired van on day ,me and two mates for big stuff ,then unpack boxes when in .

Did that myself ,started filling boxes and taking to work or dumping ,then hired van on day ,me and two mates for big stuff ,then unpack boxes when in .

We don't have an official completion date yet but asked for a holiday from work for the one they are aiming for and I can't have it off. As if I am not stressed enough ffs :lol:

We don't have an official completion date yet but asked for a holiday from work for the one they are aiming for and I can't have it off. As if I am not stressed enough ffs :lol:
i had to rent for 3 months as there was a gap between sale and completion so i didn't have that.On key day i just blasted over from work ran round house checked it a roof and windows and said thanks and got back in my car.

Used Low Fell last year. Weren't the cheapest but thats the second time I've used them and they've been spot on. Turned up with a panel van to move the contents of a three bedroom house and it was like Tetris when they had it full but they got it all in one trip!
Used them when moving from a stupidly large house and they were brilliant. Might not be the cheapest but were probably the most competent I've come across. Also used Churchill in the past and they were also very good.

i had to rent for 3 months as there was a gap between sale and completion so i didn't have that.On key day i just blasted over from work ran round house checked it a roof and windows and said thanks and got back in my car.

We are going to ask if we can move in on the Saturday because we are doing a part ex. Unless they sell our house very quickly then it shouldn't be a problem.

I am planning on doing the removal myself when I move. Am I being silly doing this?
I hired storage and took my stuff there gradually over a few weeks. It takes the stress out of it all plus you can take your time moving it back in. I had no choice last time as we moved out before our new house was ready but i'm moving again next year and I will do the same even if we swap on the same day....

Mel Smallwood moved us a couple of times, really reasonable price. Hasn't got the Red & White stripes on the van anymore.

Leanne's removals are supposed to be canny.
Do not use these! Know of two people where they just didn't turn up.

And aye they were done for fly tipping too.

Cowgirls

Did it once. Vowed I would never do it again.

Have used Churchills a couple of times and they were great. Though I think one time they might have subbied it out to Mel Smallwood. Though I may be getting confused. Either way was good.

Last edited:
Do not use these! Know of two people where they just didn't turn up.

And aye they were done for fly tipping too.

Cowgirls

Did it once. Vowed I would never do it again.

Have used Churchills a couple of times and they were great. Though I think one time they might have subbied it out to Mel Smallwood. Though I may be getting confused. Either way was good.

You're putting doubts in my head now :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back