Remove decision making from premiership refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a solution to the continued inept refereeing in the premiership. Whenever supporters on here complain about the inept performances of Marriner and Friend Red and White Rob and Voice of Fair Play claim the job is too difficult and there are no solutions.

Okay then lets remove decision making from refs if it is too difficult for them. They are already miked up so let someone with the benefit of tv -replays etc. make the decisions and they just manage the game. Removing accusations of bias at a stroke and ensuring correct decisions.

As Rob himself has said on this forum he predicts refereeing mistakes will be made this weekend.

I contend there is now too much at stake to have games decided on a lottery.

I have a solution to the continued inept refereeing in the premiership. Whenever supporters on here complain about the inept performances of Marriner and Friend Red and White Rob and Voice of Fair Play claim the job is too difficult and there are no solutions.

Okay then lets remove decision making from refs if it is too difficult for them. They are already miked up so let someone with the benefit of tv -replays etc. make the decisions and they just manage the game. Removing accusations of bias at a stroke and ensuring correct decisions.

As Rob himself has said on this forum he predicts refereeing mistakes will be made this weekend.

Unworkable nonsense

Unworkable nonsense

Rubbish they are miked up already - whats to stop someone speaking in his ear telling him the correct decision

Rubbish they are miked up already - whats to stop someone speaking in his ear telling him the correct decision.

You asked for a solution I am giving you one-you yourself said they are not capable of making consistently correct decisions so lets remove them from the process.

Agree it is a solution but not the bit about them been inept

Absolute bollocks.

How would it work at lower levels or non league?

Referees get the majority of decisions right week after week. They are only human.

Take referees out of football and you are ruining the game.

I suggest you start watching rugby or cricket rather than football.

Absolute bollocks.

Referees get the majority of decisions right week after week. They are only human.

You could stop the game for half a hour for every decision and arseholes like the OP would still find a way to f***ing twist

4th official makes every decision??

No not every decision think op has opened a can of worms and not really thought it through.

However agree in principle that the game is now too important to rely on decisions given by the human eye and too many mistakes do and will happen.

Therefore think in some shape or form helping refs get decisions right needs looking into because like you say too many people do not accept honest mistakes.

Mind do agree how you do that is a absolute minefield

Last edited:
No not every decision think op has opened a can of worms and not really thought it through.

However agree in principle that the game is now too important to rely on decisions given by the human eye and too many mistakes do and will happen.
The game has always been important mate. In terms of finance you're probably right, but that's a sad indictment of the game we all love.

You need a referee on the pitch, not least to give decisions. If you start taking decisions away from a referee where will it end?

Football is played between 22 players and with 3 officials. I'd despair if we went too technology dependant.

Therefore think in some shape or form helping refs get decisions right needs looking into because like you say too many people do not accept honest mistakes.

The op was clearly trying to be a clever arsehole

Absolute bollocks.

What utter shite :lol:

Who would care? I wouldn't. I go to see football, not jumped up inept arseholes playing to cameras (obviously with a few exceptions).

The game has always been important mate. In terms of finance you're probably right, but that's a sad indictment of the game we all love.

You need a referee on the pitch, not least to give decisions. If you start taking decisions away from a referee where will it end?

Football is played between 22 players and with 3 officials. I'd despair if we went too technology dependant.

Yeah can certainly see your point and if everybody just held their hands up and said fair enough refs make mistakes and moved on would agree with you.

However too many people calling refs cheats,biased etc and do not appreciate how difficult it is therefore I have now come round to thinking refs need help to get these decisions right as it is simply too hard for them

The op was clearly trying to be a clever arsehole

Of course he was but it has opened a wider debate that at least needs looking into no matter how difficult that may be

What utter shite :lol:

Who would care? I wouldn't. I go to see football, not jumped up inept arseholes playing to cameras (obviously with a few exceptions).
I would.

And who would make these decisions? Jamie Redknapp?
Andy Gray? Rupert Murdoch.

Football is a sport, not f***ing entertainment. We run the risk of turning in to that horrific NFL shite.

There's plenty of young lads who have ambitions of becoming referees, as seen by record levels in grassroots sport.

Your attitude sums up modern football fans.

Yeah can certainly see your point and if everybody just held their hands up and said fair enough refs make mistakes and moved on would agree with you.

However too many people calling refs cheats,biased etc and do not appreciate how difficult it is therefore I have now come round to thinking refs need help to get these decisions right as it is simply too hard for them

Of course he was but it has opened a wider debate that at least needs looking into no matter how difficult that may be

No one is denying a 4th official would make things better but the implementing of it is no way near as easy as a lot of people make out

Them pricks would still call the 4th official the exact same words

Absolute bollocks.

even cricket or rugby it is only key decision that are reviwed. They trialed " captains review" for the NRL U20's comp this season it was f***ing aweful and even on review it was a lotery which way it went. Decisions always go the way of the aussie team anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back