Resident Mags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcastle fans have ambition to be bigger and better than they currently are. If we shared that same desire, we'd be questioning Ellis on why surviving with an absolute miracle was deemed acceptable and worthy enough of weakening the team again last summer. We're happy to accept mediocrity though.

Today's boycott, whilst well-intentioned, was absolutely shit though. As we've come to expect from that mob. Grown wimmin bouncing around, laughing and joking on with their A4 Ashley out cards in front of the Sky Cameras whilst wearing their wonga tops just summed up the entire thing for me. If you're gonna do it, it helps if the folk involved take it seriously.

Bollocks!

Swansea, Hull, Southampton and Stoke to name a few have embarrassed both of us in recent years. This attitude that little old Sunderland can't compete does my tits in. No excuse for having no ambition. None!
Nothing to do with ambition. Those teams beat us because we have a limited, shit team.

Nothing to do with ambition. Those teams beat us because we have a limited, shit team.

and why do we have a shit team? Because our owner is seemingly happy to accept 17th place year after year after year. That's ambition... or lack of.

Last year was an absolute farce. From start to finish (with a good cup run thrown into the middle). If we even begin to suggest Ellis Short fucked things up then we're shot down in flames.

and why do we have a shit team? Because our owner is seemingly happy to accept 17th place year after year after year. That's ambition... or lack of.

Last year was an absolute farce. From start to finish (with a good cup run thrown into the middle). If we even begin to suggest Ellis Short fucked things up then we're shot down in flames.
We have a shit team because we are badly run. For a lot of years we spent vast quantities of money to try and stop ourselves from being a yo yo club and to improve. Is that not ambition?

I boycotted because it was a bit chilly, if it had been a lot warmer I would have attended.
I had to turn the heating down at one point this afternoon.......
Not specifically directed at you but what was the point of the boycott (I get the why)? I guess most people who took part were season ticket holders so it won't have had much of a financial impact so what were you hoping to achieve? Ashley won't give a toss, if anything it might make him even keener to repay say £34m of the debt he's owed by the club (think I read he was owed £100m?).

We have a shit team because we are badly run. For a lot of years we spent vast quantities of money to try and stop ourselves from being a yo yo club and to improve. Is that not ambition?
To play devil's advocate, is stopping that not a lack of ambition?

the last time we were even close to being slightly better than average, we dismantled the entire squad and replaced them (slowly) with players that wouldn't look out of place in the championship (from Muntari, Henderson, Bent, Welbeck, Gyan, Steed to David Vaughan, Craig Gardner, Carlos Cuellar, James McClean and James McFadden in 18 months). Cheap freebies. When that didn't work, we fetched in somebody that Ellis knows and let him sign 14 players of which none of them were any good. Cheap freebies but foreign cheap freebies so it was worth a go.

We're badly run but nobody dares to complain. Why?

It takes a helluva lot for us lot to lose patience. Good support I suppose but some times questions need to be asked!

Not specifically directed at you but what was the point of the boycott (I get the why)? I guess most people who took part were season ticket holders so it won't have had much of a financial impact so what were you hoping to achieve? Ashley won't give a toss, if anything it might make him even keener to repay say £34m of the debt he's owed by the club (think I read he was owed £100m?).

To play devil's advocate, is stopping that not a lack of ambition?
I think it's down to him not knowing what he is doing.

the last time we were even close to being slightly better than average, we dismantled the entire squad and replaced them (slowly) with players that wouldn't look out of place in the championship (from Muntari, Henderson, Bent, Welbeck, Gyan, Steed to David Vaughan, Craig Gardner, Carlos Cuellar, James McClean and James McFadden in 18 months). Cheap freebies. When that didn't work, we fetched in somebody that Ellis knows and let him sign 14 players of which none of them were any good. Cheap freebies but foreign cheap freebies so it was worth a go.

We're badly run but nobody dares to complain. Why?

It takes a helluva lot for us lot to lose patience. Good support I suppose but some times questions need to be asked!
This is all true.

I think it's down to him not knowing what he is doing.

This is all true.

Think it's our duty to question these decisions. We won't though. The mags do question things and we ridicule them from afar as if we know more about their club than them.

The boycott was well intentioned but badly executed as per usual with that mob.

No because I don't have an issue with the so called 'elite' having the lion's share of the money like you are reminding me had in the 90s. The issue I have is us visually putting the brakes on once our safety has (seemingly) been assured in January and selling players for profit or meek rewards. Couple this with throwing the cup competitions as these are seen as not 'financially viable' and will lead to League One should we actually win a trophy (we were told research was done on this).

We've even penny-pinched on the Head Coach position because we are seemingly safe (we aren't).
Your points are typical mag shite, i think your still gravey stained scum BUT fair play for coming on here and saying your bit Sima. I admire that. Now fuck off to your own board (i feel dirty having conversed with one of you :))

Maybe it goes to show the vast majority of Newcastle' s support are behind Ashley and appreciate the way he has turned the club round so it does have a future, unlike the previous incumbents who were running the club into the ground. Could it be it's just a few hundred attention seekers followed by a couple of thousand sheep who are upset Newcastle are no longer spending money they don't have?

Embarrassed by the amount of people that were in the ground. They are complicit and deserved the shit they were served up. 40,000 jellyfish.

The thing is, they did spend in the summer didn't they? De Jong, Cabella, Riviere, Janmaat, Perez? We were being told that they won the transfer window.

Suddenly two more beatings from Sunderland and Ashley has to go?! Hmmm.

Doberman is right about us though, we wound up our ambition in 2011.

Really think the mags just have a serious lack of any sense of reality. Not sure what much more they expect tbh. Yes they could maybe do a bit better, what club couldn't though. Certainly not in a position to be having protests and the likes. They won't go down and surely can't expect more than a mid table finish with the way football is now. They bang in about what's the pojnt in just finishing 12th or 13th, I would snap your hands off for that. Again, this comes down to them thinking they are something they're not. More Derby defeats has brought this on and no doubt seeing villa get to the cup final has made them say the same old "well if villa can get there we should". Not many owners have feelings for clubs, across the board. They need to realise they are what they are, but look who I'm asking that from.

The thing is, they did spend in the summer didn't they? De Jong, Cabella, Riviere, Janmaat, Perez? We were being told that they won the transfer window.

Suddenly two more beatings from Sunderland and Ashley has to go?! Hmmm.

Doberman is right about us though, we wound up our ambition in 2011.
Aye they have spent money, but they're tha toon and should be mint coz tha geordies.

Newcastle are bottom of the form table. Below QPR and Burnley.

Sunderland fans constantly joke about wanting Ashley to stay their owner, I wonder why that is if you all think he's such a fine owner.

I'd love to see people's opinions on this if it Newcastle weren't our local rivals. They clearly do have a legitimate side to their argument but because of who they are it's being ignored.

Just because Sunderland have been absolutely dogshit for the last couple of seasons doesn't mean Newcastle fans shouldn't be allowed to complain when they come down to our level. We should have been protesting before them ffs.

What pecking order, do you not realise there is no pecking order. We have 6 titles pre war, where was your f***ing pecking order then. Since then we've been shite, fuck all to do with your pecking order. You've been conditioned by Sky to accept our lot in football. 'Arn't Sundeland really lucky to be in the same league as the big clubs'. No we're not lucky. We were once the best in the land and might be again, shove your pecking order up your arse.
What in the fuck have I just read you fuckin cock womble?

There is a pecking order in the Premier League, the top 4, then the next 4/5 clubs trying to achieve European football then there's the rest of us to scrap for the rest of the places, anyone can see that you idiot. I hate what Sky have done to football but you can't detract from the glaringly obvious. I've been watching Sunderland for 40 fuckin years man and for you to say we might be the best in the land is ludicrous, it would be something I expect to be spouted by the delusional clowns up the road.

What in the fuck have I just read you fuckin cock womble?

There is a pecking order in the Premier League, the top 4, then the next 4/5 clubs trying to achieve European football then there's the rest of us to scrap for the rest of the places, anyone can see that you idiot. I hate what Sky have done to football but you can't detract from the glaringly obvious. I've been watching Sunderland for 40 fuckin years man and for you to say we might be the best in the land is ludicrous, it would be something I expect to be spouted by the delusional clowns up the road.
Luckily for teams like Swansea and Southampton their their board, management and players don't give toss about your pecking order. They decided that with a good scouting and youth system coupled up with joined up management they could make a decent fist of the PL instead of wallowing round the lower leagues where your pecking order places them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back