Robert Plant - O2 academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me dad says there was a similar pricing when Queen came up here one time, and he decided against going. He regrets that now, and he wouldn't have missed that tenner.

The tickets are about £55 aren't they? You're talkin twenty quid's difference at best, and it's a band on your doorstep. For the sake of twenty quid you might as well just f***ing gan.

SOME OF US HAVE f***ing BILLS TO PAY MAN!

Probably be on at Glastonbury which is also swaying my decision making tbf

I was at that gig, cant remember paying so little for my ticket like

I'm doubting myself now but sure it was about that like

class gig last night! went with me dad who was too young to see him when he came to (the lacarno??) back in the 70's. First time I've really heard his new stuff as well, I got tickets just cos it's Robert Plant.

...also managed to shake hands with the lass from the warm up band (who were very good as well mind), in Pleased to meet you afterwards. so a good night all round!

Caught the end of the support and the lass was very good, and waddable, though the guitarist wasn't either of those, for me at least. Was relieved to hear that they had the sound sorted for the support too, and thought is was superb for Plant, almost worth the time the guitar tech spent faffing about, before and during the set. His voice sounded really good, far better than at those Zep reunions, and that band are fantastic. He was clearly having a great time playing the stuff he wants to play, and that included more Led Zep stuff than I expected. Worth the price to be that close without any hassle, and be able to watch the interplay between them all.

Kicked off the evening with a nice cheap steak and some cheap ale at the Union Rooms, then some more expensive ale at Tillys. Enough to be able to avoid the bar in the Academy and timed me piss stops perfectly. A grand night.

I met Robert Plant in a pub in Stourbridge NYE 1994. I had no idea who he was but he signed a pub newspaper for me anyway! :oops:

Remember paying a tenner in 1982 for Peter Gabriel at the city hall when the average band was £3.50,to be fair he had some of the worlds best musicians in tow and it was worth every penny
Going to see Gabriel next week. Dunno how much tickets are tho cos these are freebies.

Going to see Gabriel next week. Dunno how much tickets are tho cos these are freebies.
Yeah me too,a gift from a lass,wasn't going to bother as i'm not a big fan of the Arena and the last gig there was a poor attendance.He puts on a great show so for nowt you're getting a lot of bang for your buck(£50 a ticket by the way)

Yeah me too,a gift from a lass,wasn't going to bother as i'm not a big fan of the Arena and the last gig there was a poor attendance.He puts on a great show so for nowt you're getting a lot of bang for your buck(£50 a ticket by the way)
I'm going to the LG Arena in Brum. I only know the hits too so should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back