Rochdale taxi firm admits providing white drivers on request

Status
Not open for further replies.

It came across as laying some blame on what girls choose to wear as being a factor in why they're at risk for rape. Almost like saying a black mans skin tone is a contributing factor in them being at risk for racial abuse.

No it didn't.

It actually said that a reason why white girls were targeted by this gang is because of how some girls behave and dress. Those who raped the young girls in Rotherham made a value judgement that because of that kind of behaviour white girls were suitable to be abused. And that no one would care because all white girls are scratters in their opinion.

And to some extent that proved to be a true belief as when complaints were made by the girls the police disregarded them, on the basis the girls, in spite of being underage, weren't important, and as the perpetrators were from ethnic minorities the police didn't want to be seen as racist by investigating the abuse.

Could it be any clearer that the actions of some girls did create that opinion by the abusers? It's easy to say that people should not sit in judgement but the reality is that everyone is judged for any number of reasons. How you dress, how you speak, if you get so drunk you end up in the gutters flashing your drawers, all of these things do affect how others see you.

Should that be the case? Many on here while paying lip service to this ideal of being non judgemental are only too eager to put themselves in judgement about what other people are saying on the basis that they think they understand but are Incapable of grasping what is actually being said.

And you are thick as shit. I have never suggested that girls deserve to get abused because of what they wear. But only a complete and utter moron with nowt but air between his lugs would lack the sense to recognise that many ethnic minority men do think that way, so it is a contributory factor, like it or not.

So you admit the women are right to be concerned about Asian drivers?

So you admit the women are right to be concerned about Asian drivers?

I don't really care about the Asian drivers or whether or not women want to be driven by them. Clearly some people are concerned, but it's not my place to decide if they are justified in their refusal to accept an Asian driver. But as it appears to be legally acceptable to choose who you want to be driven by then I would assume it is up to the individual ordering the taxi.

With recent events in Rochdale I don't blame white lasses for requesting white drivers
Would be better to ask for a CRB checked driver. Completely wrong to ask for a driver by race.

I'm sorry but what the fuck?!

I get taxis alone plenty and if my husband forbade me to I'd tell him to stop being a daft sod, and anyway who put him in charge of what I do.
Aye and me too.

Men and women might be equal but they aren't the same.
They aren't equal, they are complementary.

When I'm in London, I catch the tube to a stop further away from home because there's a taxi rank, and I get delivered to the door. It costs me a minimum of a tenner.

My husband never does this, and neither does our flatmate. They're men and they don't need to.

I'm tired of being scared. And it's expensive. We talk so much about the need for women to protect ourselves, and far less about the rights people have to go about their business at any time of day, in any state of inebriation, wearing whatever they choose without being attacked.
I tend to do what I fancy though.

The bloke who runs the company has been on 5live earlier giving an interview. He said tbf that you can request any driver. Either by name, colour or sex. I think it's possibly a good marketing strategy. women not wanting to be alone, the elderly with views of yesteryear or people who don't speak English. It could be racist, sexist or any other ist but it's supply and demand. People must want it.
Asking for a female driver MIGHT be OK. but colour of skin should NEVER be allowed.

Last edited:
Would be better to ask for a CRB checked driver. Completely wrong to ask for a driver by race.

Aye and me too.

They aren't equal, they are complementary.

I tend to do what I fancy though.

Asking for a female driver MIGHT be OK. but colour of skin should NEVER be allowed.
It's not ok listening to some of these comments. I personally think its ok to ask for any driver you wish. I think it's wrong though to offer it as that breeds racism, on the other hand, if you request it, you could be beyond help anyhow.

I doubt the 2 Asian drivers in Rochdale who were found guilty of rape would have come up in a CRB check, so it wouldn't have helped.

I doubt the 2 Asian drivers in Rochdale who were found guilty of rape would have come up in a CRB check, so it wouldn't have helped.
I know having a crb check doesn't necessarily mean you won't commit a crime in the future but it would be better to ask for a driver who has had a crb (disclosure barring?) check than one who hasn't. It would definitely be better than asking for a "local" driver where local is a euphemism for white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back