Rock Poet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robby Krieger gets nowhere near the recognition he deserves, both as a guitarist and as a song-writer (or even as a Dylanesque singer ;)).

Some Googling informs me he wrote Light My Fire, so whatever recognition he might have as a song-writer is far more than he deserves imo. It's a f***ing terrible song, it sounds like the sort of thing Perry Como would have rejected as a bit bland and middle-of-the-road in 1956.

The song 'Horse Latitudes' would suggest he's a frustrated Poet, but not a very good one. However, he's still more of a poet than Benjamin Zephaniah.

Some Googling informs me he wrote Light My Fire, so whatever recognition he might have as a song-writer is far more than he deserves imo. It's a f***ing terrible song, it sounds like the sort of thing Perry Como would have rejected as a bit bland and middle-of-the-road in 1956.

Nah, it's a Robby Krieger song, just credited to the whole band.

:lol: You've gone on as if they're the best band ever on here a few times.

Why no man. The musics great the singings acceptable and the lyrics are tosh. Similar to The Doors tbh but no one ever hailed Arthur Lee as a poet.
iirc two of em got banged up for armed robbery on doughnut stands as they were permanently skint because Lee wouldnt tour outside of California in case he couldnt get any quality drugs!! Now thats a proper band.

If I'm honest I think he's a bit of an overrated enigma in his own right, but I have nothing against him. I can't understand the hero worshiping over him but hey ho, some people like Mumford and Sons and some people are normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back