Rodgers sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he opened his envelope yet?

We all know he'll walk into another job in the PL.

Happy to work with a transfer committee, self important , never blames the board, likes foreign shit... Come on Brendan NE1 IS CALLING!

Problem is, when people get the Spanish Archer, they get so much money that they'll usually just sit on their arses getting millions rather than take another job.

Lad on our board:

The guy who said Rodger is gone a few days ago (decision made 2 weeks ago) even if he won the derby 20-0 , saying it is Klopp and announcement will be made in a couple of days. Transfer Committee stays for now, apparently.

Bluergh.

I'd expect better from you....
I think the bloke is a complete bluffer. Suarez and their lack of cup games that year contributed to him nearly bluffing everyone forever. Take that out and the rest is distinctly mediocre, particularly when the level of spending is taken into account.
Swansea was a machine already running and Liverpool had Suarez. See his job at Reading for what happens when it isn't all laid out for him.

I think the bloke is a complete bluffer. Suarez and their lack of cup games that year contributed to him nearly bluffing everyone forever. Take that out and the rest is distinctly mediocre, particularly when the level of spending is taken into account.
Swansea was a machine already running and Liverpool had Suarez. See his job at Reading for what happens when it isn't all laid out for him.

Got lucky at Swansea taking over and gaining a rep for "his" brand of football :lol:
As you say Suarez played out of his skin and nearly won them the title but he tried to take the credit. Blagged his way to the top for me, and I will be the first to say I'm wrong if he ever proves otherwise.

I think Liverpool are doing a Newcastle here, like they did with Pardew. Liverpool are obviously in a transitional period, they are not doing abysmally in the league. Europe has been disappointing for them, but that is football for you, results are never guaranteed. I think it is just petulant to get rid of him. Having said that, I would not have him here. He has had some very slow starts at the clubs he has joined, which we don't need.

So what happened in season 21011/12 when Dalglish was manager, Liverpool finished 8th and Suarez scored 11 goals.

Unheard of for Liverpool to sack a manager mid season. When did they last do that, the 1950s?

Shame really, what with Rodgers being such a lovely down to earth chap and all.

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

Bill Shankly said that. Brendan Rodgers could learn a lot from it. In every interview he tried to make it about himself and over complicate the game when it really is as simple as the quote above.

I feel sorry for whoever takes him on next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back