Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proved in the past he has what it takes unfortunately he hasn't had a full season under his belt. Stop start is doing him no good, it might be beneficial to loan him out to a club to regain his form while we bring someone in with the quality needed. I'm assuming he is on a good wage, if we can get another club to pay his wage on loan we could use that to pay an incoming player. Time is running out, I can see us moving a player on but if it's to close to the deadline it doesn't leave us time to get a deal through.

Citeh sold us someone who was finished due to injuries. They pulled a blinder offloading him to us.

The bloke is incapable of sprinting anymore, he wanders about at half pace, never gets near the opposition when we are trying to press and is constantly late into the tackle.

He can train as much as he wants and get fit enough to run all day but he'll never get up to premier league speed again.

Complete waste of money.

should of invested the money on a far better player

I think teams would be reluctant to give us 5m for him now let alone the 10m we paid

I'm the only one who saw a stark improvement in him last night then? Looked more confident in possession and looked to go forward with the ball. Passing was decent too, no? Just me? Ok then.

There were a couple of moments. Just enough to raise him above the standard anonimity. There was also a lot of stalling, hoofing it away under zero pressure in a friendly against L1 opposition, nee movement off the ball...

I'm the only one who saw a stark improvement in him last night then? Looked more confident in possession and looked to go forward with the ball. Passing was decent too, no? Just me? Ok then.

He's been much better in pre-season. People seem to forget he's lost almost 2 years of his development wasting away at City. He looks eager to get on the ball more, drive forward and pick certin passes others aren't seeing. Sadly, a bit like Wickham, he's still a young player and so with our fans should be bossing it every week in the Premier League or battering people in the Championship on loan to "prove himself"

He's been much better in pre-season. People seem to forget he's lost almost 2 years of his development wasting away at City. He looks eager to get on the ball more, drive forward and pick certin passes others aren't seeing. Sadly, a bit like Wickham, he's still a young player and so with our fans should be bossing it every week in the Premier League or battering people in the Championship on loan to "prove himself"

He's not far off 25, not really a young player.

What qualities does he have to make you think that?

Likes a tackle and seems decent in the air. Not saying he'd be great by any stretch but as were stuck with him for the next three years think its our best bet to get some use from him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back