Rotherham Child Abuse update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do I need to look deeper into intoxicants and kaffirs?

Look, Muhammad married a minor and raped, sorry, took into his protection, women of men killed in battle against him. This may or may not have provided inspiration or an excuse for these men. Therefore for you to categorically state this has nothing to do with scripture is wrong.

You can look at this as deeply or superficially as you like.

But, by working on a combinations of hunches and received wisdom, you're missing out on a lot of logic and granularity.

If you're happy with that, fair enough.

This is a brilliant piece long similar lines.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/29/-sp-untold-story-culture-of-shame-ruzwana-bashir

No mate as usual you misunderstood or twist. I said it wouldn't happen in Birmingham(in terms of Asians taking advantage of girls from other communities) then you post an article about an Asian girl getting abused within her own community. Totally different because me or anybody else can't stop an Asian girl getting abused in her own neighbourhood(well thse in power can). Read before you post

You are the one stating categorically that this crime has nothing whatsoever to do with Islam based entirely on your own hunch. I have merely pointed out that there are elements of Islam that could be used as an excuse, but for some reason and without any evidence at all, you rule it out.

You can look at this as deeply or superficially as you like.

But, by working on a combinations of hunches and received wisdom, you're missing out on a lot of logic and granularity.

If you're happy with that, fair enough.

This is a brilliant piece long similar lines.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/29/-sp-untold-story-culture-of-shame-ruzwana-bashir

Islam is misogynist, no question.

I think you need to look a bit deeper into Muslim views on intoxicants and kaffirs.

To reiterate, this case has is not a one of men acting in accordance to the teachings of Islam. Culture was a factor, yes. A lack of integration, yes. Ingrained attitudes to women, yes. But scripture - no.

That was easy.

You are the one stating categorically that this crime has nothing whatsoever to do with Islam based entirely on your own hunch. I have merely pointed out that there are elements of Islam that could be used as an excuse, but for some reason and without any evidence at all, you rule it out.

I'm pointing out that those elements are stupid. It's like saying the Christians commit murder because the Bible depicts murder.

That was easy.

So easy it was said about 4 days ago when you had your WUM blinkers on.

http://lawandfreedomfoundation.org/...sm-Islam-and-Child-Sex-Slavery-05-03-2014.pdf

a muslim is 154 times more likely to commit this crime than a non muslim

I'm afraid that report by Gavin Boby is a load of bullshit, like most things which he is associated with.

This is a more realistic assessment:

General Population Prison Population Sex Offenders Prison Population Child Sex Offenders

White 87.5% 81.9% 91.6%
Black 2.2% 9.9% 4.5%
Asian 4.4% 5.6% 2.7%

Asian men, particularly Pakistanis are more likely to engage in street grooming than other forms of paedophile activity, but they are not more likely than the general population to be paedophiles. They do however tend to have more victims than white paedophiles - they represent a relatively small number of criminals but a larger proportion of offences.

So easy it was said about 4 days ago when you had your WUM blinkers on.

Whatever, you racist.

I'm afraid that report by Gavin Boby is a load of bullshit, like most things which he is associated with.

General Population Prison Population Sex Offenders Prison Population Child Sex Offenders

White 87.5% 81.9% 91.6%
Black 2.2% 9.9% 4.5%
Asian 4.4% 5.6% 2.7%

Asian men, particularly Pakistanis are more likely to engage in street grooming than other forms of paedophile activity, but they are not more likely than the general population to be paedophiles. They do however tend to have more victims than white paedophiles - they represent a relatively small number of criminals but a larger proportion of offences.

They have to caught first mate. They have loads of people looking out for them.

They have to caught first mate. They have loads of people looking out for them.

Do you know what a paedophile looks like Harry? Because the chances are you know one, or you know someone who has been abused by one.

It would be easy to fool yourself into believing that all paedophiles are sweaty leering Pakistani cab drivers. It's an easy myth to believe because it means that taking care of our kids is straight forward, paedophiles are easy to spot, and the problem is easily solved.

None of these things are true. Paedophiles mostly look just like you and me. There is a real risk here that by assuming that this is a Muslim problem we set child protection I the uk back by a generation.

Do you know what a paedophile looks like Harry? Because the chances are you know one, or you know someone who has been abused by one.

It would be easy to fool yourself into believing that all paedophiles are sweaty leering Pakistani cab drivers. It's an easy myth to believe because it means that taking care of our kids is straight forward, paedophiles are easy to spot, and the problem is easily solved.

None of these things are true. Paedophiles mostly look just like you and me. There is a real risk here that by assuming that this is a Muslim problem we set child protection I the uk back by a generation.

I understand that there are nonces everywhere. I understand not all nonces are pakistani. You just seem to want to brush the pakistani peados under the carpet.

I understand that there are nonces everywhere. I understand not all nonces are pakistani. You just seem to want to brush the pakistani peados under the carpet.

Harry, I've discussed at length the over representation of Pakistani Muslims in particular categories of offence. There is a specific problem within some Muslim communities in the uk. But it is not a unique problem to the Muslim community, and the response that we need to make to solving these terrible problems needs to be much more comprehensive than just looking at some weird passages in the Koran.

I don't mind arguing with you about the things that I say, but I'm not really interested in having an argument about the things that you would like me to say.

Of course pedophilia isn't a uniquely Muslim or Pakistani problem, and as a percentage of a culture I have no idea who has the highest number of offenders (or convicted offenders). What is unique and frightening about this type of grooming is the scale and diversity, if that makes sense. It's the fact that you get one person starting the process off, then every fucker joins in. It's so organised and crosses into a wide geographical area with people traveling far and wide just to shag an underage girl of a different culture. I don't think they can even think of it as rape and pedophilia in the same way we do, that is of course my unsubstantiated opinion but this is just too big for that many people to have that particular common criminality. Most rapists and pedophiles I would think at least know they're rapists and pedophiles and that they are undertaking the worst possible crime, how do so many people think it's ok to do this?

This is why I believe it's a cultural problem, they cannot think of these girls as their equals, and that must come from their beliefs and those come from their cultural upbringings. Everyone knows it's a taboo subject within this culture and this needs to change very quickly. That young chap in Rotherham is having a go, good on him too, but so far he's just a small voice in a large room, he needs every single person in Muslim authority to stand up and be counted.

White 87.5% 81.9% 91.6%
Black 2.2% 9.9% 4.5%
Asian 4.4% 5.6% 2.7%

Asian men, particularly Pakistanis are more likely to engage in street grooming than other forms of paedophile activity, but they are not more likely than the general population to be paedophiles. They do however tend to have more victims than white pedophiles - they represent a relatively small number of criminals but a larger proportion of offences.

I and most other people think that there is a huge number of Asian sex offenders who haven't been caught yet. If you could add those into the figures that would surely make a difference to those stats. I know someone will come along and quite rightly say that there are un-convicted whites & blacks, but the general consensus must be that rape gangs on this scale are mainly an Asian issue.

Last edited:
Of course pedophilia isn't a uniquely Muslim or Pakistani problem, and as a percentage of a culture I have no idea who has the highest number of offenders (or convicted offenders). What is unique and frightening about this type of grooming is the scale and diversity, if that makes sense. It's the fact that you get one person starting the process off, then every fucker joins in. It's so organised and crosses into a wide geographical area with people traveling far and wide just to shag an underage girl of a different culture. I don't think they can even think of it as rape and pedophilia in the same way we do, that is of course my unsubstantiated opinion but this is just too big for that many people to have that particular common criminality. Most rapists and pedophiles I would think at least know they're rapists and pedophiles and that they are undertaking the worst possible crime, how do so many people think it's ok to do this?

This is why I believe it's a cultural problem, they cannot think of these girls as their equals, and that must come from their beliefs and those come from their cultural upbringings. Everyone knows it's a taboo subject within this culture and this needs to change very quickly. That young chap in Rotherham is having a go, good on him too, but so far he's just a small voice in a large room, he needs every single person in Muslim authority to stand up and be counted.

I and most other people think that there is a huge number of Asian sex offenders who haven't been caught yet. If you could add those into the figures that would surely make a difference to those stats. I know someone will come along and quite rightly say that there are un-convicted whites & blacks, but the general consensus must be that rape gangs on this scale are mainly an Asian issue.

Street grooming like we saw at Rotherham is disproportionately Pakistani Muslims.

The nature of the offence means that a relatively smal number of offenders have committed a very large number of crimes.

There is certainly a lot of under reporting of child sex abuse and child sexual exploitation. Whether one group of offenders or one type of crime is less likely to be reported than another is speculation.

The best thing which could happen would be for a public inquiry similar to macpherson or laming which address these issues - particularly the issue of under reporting, reviews all historical allegations, and addresses the scale of the problem in the uk.

The worst thing we can do is political posturing, While letting things go on as they were

So far we are heading to the worst response, not the best

Because Islam does not permit sex outside the marriage or sex with non-Muslims. It also - if you're taking it literally - forbids any association whatsoever with intoxicants.
What about men that indulge themselves in each other on a regular basis ??? Oh and the goats, don't forget the goats

What about men that indulge themselves in each other on a regular basis ??? Oh and the goats, don't forget the goats

Many religions people don't abide by the rules of their religion.

There's nothing in the Bible that permits the abuse of children either. People do bad things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back