Rotherham Child Abuse update

Status
Not open for further replies.

How can someone misunderstand what is detailed in the links? It's quite specific.

Religion is informed by its religious text. It is not a literal rendition of its religious text's every word.

Does the Qu'ran include depiction of what we today understand as paedophilia? Yes. Does modern Islam teach that paedophilia is permissible? No.

Religion is informed by its religious text. It is not a literal rendition of its religious text's every word.

That depends on who you speak to. In my opinion, if you believe the texts are the word of god, they're meant to be taken literally, and a many religious people agree.

Does the Qu'ran include depiction of what we today understand as paedophilia? Yes. Does modern Islam teach that paedophilia is permissible? No.

What do you mean by modern Islam? Islam teaches that Mohammed was god's last prophet on earth, and he lived 1300 years ago. So who since then has brought any up to date messages from god? Well according to Islam, no one, so all we have is the 1300 year old version, and no modern one.

That depends on who you speak to. In my opinion, if you believe the texts are the word of god, they're meant to be taken literally, and a many religious people agree.

I think you're desperately scrabbling around for evidence that supports an incorrect assumption.

And many don't. One reason, especially with the old testament, is accuracy. The word of God was handed on verbally for perhaps a thousand years. Then it was written, translated, written again, abbreviated while translated again etc. etc.

Jesus wept.

It's actually worse than even the BNP dared claim.

It just shows what happens when being 'insensitive' to foreign cultural sensitivities becomes one of the worst things you can be accused of, worse than many serious crimes.

People were aware of this, but to call it what it was would've been career suicide. Better to ignore heinous crimes than be accused of failure to celebrate multi culturalism.

Incredibly, the media coverage still tries to avoid calling this what it was/is: the systematic brutal rape and exploitation by Asian men against young white girls, despite the fact that the reports makes clear a fear of stating this obvious fact is a major reason it was allowed to go on.

Political correctness ! Love it!
From where in Asia mate?

And many don't. One reason, especially with the old testament, is accuracy. The word of God was handed on verbally for perhaps a thousand years. Then it was written, translated, written again, abbreviated while translated again etc. etc.

So it really is the word of god?

I think you're desperately scrabbling around for evidence that supports an incorrect assumption.

You are the one who made an incorrect assumption. You stated "There's nothing in the Bible that permits the abuse of children". I have provided links that proves there is. So I'm certainly not "scrabbling around for evidence", I went to the very source you referenced. i.e. The bible, and directed you to details of incest and child abuse.

Last edited:
So it really is the word of god?
Personally I think it's a load of bunkum but it can't be the word of God. Even by the religious peoples definition.
Your links are in English. Now if there is a God he most likely does speak English but if he'd spoke English to Abraham it's unlikely he'd have understood English because it wasn't in use then. So those links of yours certainly are not the word of God.

Personally I think it's a load of bunkum but it can't be the word of God. Even by the religious peoples definition.
Your links are in English. Now if there is a God he most likely does speak English but if he'd spoke English to Abraham it's unlikely he'd have understood English because it wasn't in use then. So those links of yours certainly are not the word of God.

Fair enough. There must be a lot of detail lost in translation though, to make the stories even slightly palatable.

Fair enough. There must be a lot of detail lost in translation though, to make the stories even slightly palatable.
Well I'd hate to know the undiluted version of 'stoning a rape victim because she didn't screm loud enough!'

At last, the truth of it !!

Another perspective.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/aug/29/rotherham-abuse-political-correctness-ludicrous

Not sure I agree with the main argument tbh, but this well put re. so-called Political Correctness.

"Political correctness – if we are to persist with that hackneyed term – required members of a diverse society to accord to others the level of dignity they would want for themselves. The right conflated its meaning so as to describe any prescription on its behaviour that it didn’t like. Everything, from the description of coffee to adoption policy, became “political correctness gone mad”. Perhaps the idea was to discredit the concept by hoisting it into the realm of absurdity. But even then, the concept never, ever required anyone to turn a blind eye to the mass abuse of the vulnerable by criminals. And anyway, to do so on grounds of political correctness would never have made sense.

If a backlash was feared, where would it have come from? There is no minority lobby for criminals and paedophiles. So long as communities knew the issue was one of law enforcement rather than an assault on those communities themselves, they would have supported tough action by the authorities. Look to London in the 1990s when the Met was able to take tough action against gun-toting gangsters in black communities by making lay advisers from those communities part of the drive against that manifestation of gun crime
."
Another perspective ...

Last edited:
At last, the truth of it !!

OK @paws, lets say this bloke and yourself are right. It's a Muslim problem condoned by the teachings of the quran and the example of the prophet and all followers of Islam are complicit. What is your solution? Do we make it illegal to follow the cult? Humour me here. What would you do about it if you were PM?

OK @paws, lets say this bloke and yourself are right. It's a Muslim problem condoned by the teachings of the quran and the example of the prophet and all followers of Islam are complicit. What is your solution? Do we make it illegal to follow the cult? Humour me here. What would you do about it if you were PM?

The first step would be recognising it as a problem. At the moment we are in a state of denial. A bit like an alcoholic, when the first step to recovery is to actually say "I am an alcoholic".

The first step would be recognising it as a problem. At the moment we are in a state of denial. A bit like an alcoholic, when the first step to recovery is to actually say "I am an alcoholic".
OK. So I we accept it's a problem and a muslim problem. What next?

There's no lets say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back