Roy Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Bear

Striker
He wasn't perfect but he was perfect for us.

So he wasn't at training every day but he was there more than O'Neill. So he wasn't at the beck and call of the chairman.......so fuck. So he was more feared than loved by the players......that's not a bad thing.

Something else that Ellis fucked up

He wasn't perfect but he was perfect for us.

So he wasn't at training every day but he was there more than O'Neill. So he wasn't at the beck and call of the chairman.......so fuck. So he was more feared than loved by the players......that's not a bad thing.

Something else that Ellis fucked up
No, Keane lost the plot. Just ask The Tractor Boys.

I loved Roy Keane's time here. That season in the Championship was just about my most favourite season in the last 36 year. We were on our knees as a club, and Quinny and Keano were perfect.

Saying that, he went at the right time. He couldn't motivate a few prima donna's, spent quite a few bob to get us out of the Championship so quickly, and obviously fell out with Short, and he done us a favour by recognising his time was up...not many Managers have the integrity to do that.

I will always look fondly back at Roy Keane's time with us. Some of our fans don't, as they felt they had to be loyal to Quinny by slagging off Keano, but not for me...love them both!

happy days at the time iirc right up until the last couple months or so mate. he was a disaster waiting to happen. but aye i'd have him back for the radge packet factor

Lost the plot for them Joe......for us the results were more than the sum of their parts which is the polar opposite of what we have now
He spent a shit load of money of dross. We lost twenty odd games in the first season in the PL and lost 7 in a row before he jumped. A monkey could've done what he did in bringing us up that season.

He spent a shit load of money of dross. We lost twenty odd games in the first season in the PL and lost 7 in a row before he jumped. A monkey could've done what he did in bringing us up that season.

He spent relatively little on getting us to where he got us to be fair......which was promoted as champions and established in the premier league......we have not moved on since

Would take Keano back tomorrow. May of had his faults, but I'm sure he would of learn't more along the way. There would be no player power where Keano was.

But there was

He couldn't manage Cisse, Diouf and chimbonda. They stirred up trouble, he lost the dressing room and we fell on the slump which saw him leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back