Roy Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't get the anti Roy Keanne stuff. He did a fantastic job here, picking us up from a depressing low and within a season creating a title winning side. He kept the side up and gave us some magical moments along the way.
Yes it ended in acrimony but thats what happens to most managers. It was his first attempt at management and he got a lot of things spot on.

He's never disrespected our fans / club, in fact he speaks very highly of both in his recent book.

For me Keanne 'got' Sunderland - he saw the potential of the club and tried his best to give us success. He's not the first and won't be the last to fall short in that aim, but I'll always remember his days in charge as good times.

People moan now about our current lack of signings and ambition.

Oooh! look at all that debt, hiya Royston!

I've noticed that Mourinho tends to spell out exactly what he's expecting from his subs and I suspect he'd not waste his time if it wasn't absolutely necessary.

Surely it's common sense for the manager to update the sub on say any tactical or formation changes by the opposition during the match?
I think it's mostly just an update on where they should be for set pieces and other bits and bobs that vary depending on how the game is going.

On topic, Keane's excuse for leaving is laughable, no international games until March next year but he's citing that as a reason to leave 1 day before a game. Something will have happened behind the scenes.

Saying that it was too much to balance two jobs and his family life allegedly.

Two part-time jobs. :lol::lol:
I would imagine being the asst to Rep of Ireland is hardly fookin time consuming or taxing :lol:

The writing's on the wall for Lambert and he wants out before he gets hit with the mud anarl. Villa are sinking , partly due to him as assistant. He's getting out with relatively clean hands.

Well I kind of knew what you suggest, my point was really are they necessary, further more the back room staff from assistant managers, first team coaches, second string manager/ coach, goalkeeping coach, fitness coach , dietician, physiotherapist etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. the list is never ending and most of them don't really achieve anything do they?
Biggest laugh I get is when there's a substitution and you see some muppet showing the player a notepad or a tablet with God knows what on " right lad this is a pitch, at that end there's a goal" he flips to next page, " this is a ball, try and put it in that white rectangular thing at that end * stresses which end*, or if he's a defender he'll probably give some full blown diatribe on how to stop the opposition from scoring.
Point is should they not know whatever it is they're telling them already?

Good post that IMO it is all jobs for the boys,it is a multi-millionaire industry and not only does a manager get paid handsomely he is allowed to bring 5 of his mates to get handsomely paid as well,could not see it happening in any other industry.

I mean goalkeeper coach for example what that all about,canny number if you ask me throwing and kicking balls for the keeper to save,surely a top class goalkeeper has been told what to do several times over,does he need a full time coach

I'm not sure he hands out the contracts

True, but a good manager will also know the need to strike the balance between immediate needs and future needs. Nial was blinded by 'Box Office' and knew the huffy **** would probably walk if he didn't sign the cheques!

"Our focus now is to return the club (Villa) back to its rightful place in the Premier League".

:lol: Where is that then? 11th?

Two part-time jobs. :lol::lol:
I would imagine being the asst to Rep of Ireland is hardly fookin time consuming or taxing :lol:

The writing's on the wall for Lambert and he wants out before he gets hit with the mud anarl. Villa are sinking , partly due to him as assistant. He's getting out with relatively clean hands.

Probably blood on them to be fair!!! :lol:

I've noticed that Mourinho tends to spell out exactly what he's expecting from his subs and I suspect he'd not waste his time if it wasn't absolutely necessary.

Surely it's common sense for the manager to update the sub on say any tactical or formation changes by the opposition during the match?
I can't believe you've had to type that like but i agree. :lol:

Good move by Keano this, legend.

Can concentrate on the Ireland job, spend more time with family, and hopefully do a bit of pundit work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back