Rudy Gestede

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember watching him at Cardiff a few times. He was an absolutely donkey. Like he was playing on ice.

He's obviously reached his peak at Blackburn. Be interesting to see how he does in the Prem, however and if last season wasn't a one off.

My thoughts exactly. I think he's probably benefited from playing regularly at Blackburn. He's had two good seasons there now, not just one off. But I thought the same about his stint at Cardiff, he was hopeless.

Guess replacing Bent with £ 13 million Asamoah Gyan was much more astute business. :lol:

And yes I know Bent was signed in the January window, but I'm being nice to you. The alternative is that the replacement was £ 8 million Wickham :lol:
I'm gathering by the Villa fans that post on this message board the average Villa fan is as thick as whales spunk.

We've actually got less wages now. French players in general have far lower wages, and we got rid of Weimann, Delph, Bent, Benteke, Vlaar and Given. That's probably around 250 k. Most of these new signings will be around 30 k at most. I'd say we're probably wage even again when Veretout signs. Then add 2-3 more signings and we're a bit above. But then N'Zogbia will leave and a couple of more so it's pretty balanced

He looks alright but 7 mill seems a lot. Feels like our deal for Wickham. May take ages to see his potential in the Premier League.

He's quality. The lad is a right handful, probably the biggest bully in the championship. Would have liked to have seen him here to replace the pansies we have

We've actually got less wages now. French players in general have far lower wages, and we got rid of Weimann, Delph, Bent, Benteke, Vlaar and Given. That's probably around 250 k. Most of these new signings will be around 30 k at most. I'd say we're probably wage even again when Veretout signs. Then add 2-3 more signings and we're a bit above. But then N'Zogbia will leave and a couple of more so it's pretty balanced

I think your 2 midfield signings will be far better than your new strikers.

How many strikers do you need by the way? I thought you had signed Ayew and Adebayor and Berbatov were on their way. Have you got room for Gestede as well?

I think your 2 midfield signings will be far better than your new strikers.

How many strikers do you need by the way? I thought you had signed Ayew and Adebayor and Berbatov were on their way. Have you got room for Gestede as well?

To me it looks like we're changing style of play completely. Gestede will more than likely compete with Adebayor. Berbatov won't be signing. Kozak or Gabby is likely leaving. We'll sign a keeper, CB, winger and we're done I think.

To me it looks like we're changing style of play completely. Gestede will more than likely compete with Adebayor. Berbatov won't be signing. Kozak or Gabby is likely leaving. We'll sign a keeper, CB, winger and we're done I think.

So just the one Whole new team then :lol:

40 goals in 118 championship games.
0 goals in 3 premier league games

Or you could put it this way-1 in 2 for the past two seasons (20 in 39 appearances, 13 in 27 appearances)

Vlaar, Delph & Benteke. Also throw in Given. They've some job to do replacing those...

Vlaar was never quite as good for us as he was for Holland in the world cup and was regularly out injured. He's currently out for the next 4 months minimum with God knows how long to get up to speed after that (if he ever does) We really dodged a bullet by him not re-signing. Delph also crocked with a hamstring. Given is way past it and was on very big wages glad to see the back of him.

We've replaced Benteke & Delph, maybe not like for like but with the money received for them, we've been able to upgrade the whole team, placing us in a stronger position than this time last year.

Last edited:
Or you could put it this way-1 in 2 for the past two seasons (20 in 39 appearances, 13 in 27 appearances)

Vlaar was never quite as good for us as he was for Holland in the world cup and was regularly out injured. He's currently out for the next 4 months minimum with God knows how long to get up to speed after that (if he ever does) We really dodged a bullet by him not re-signing. Delph also crocked with a hamstring. Given is way past it and was on very big wages glad to see the back of him.

We've replaced Benteke & Delph, maybe not like for like but with the money received for them, we've been able to upgrade the whole team, placing us in a stronger position than this time last year.

Im sorry but I totally disagree. I think you are much worse off than last season. Benteke hitting form at the right time is pretty much the only reason you were not relegated. Its alot to ask from Adebayor and Gestede to carry you like he did.

Signing Adebayor does not strengthen any team. Look at his history at Arsenal,Tottenham even Real Madrid the lad couldnt be arsed. Why will he turn it on at Villa when Mourinho or whoever it was at Real couldnt get him to?

Im sorry but I totally disagree. I think you are much worse off than last season. Benteke hitting form at the right time is pretty much the only reason you were not relegated. Its alot to ask from Adebayor and Gestede to carry you like he did.

Signing Adebayor does not strengthen any team. Look at his history at Arsenal,Tottenham even Real Madrid the lad couldnt be arsed. Why will he turn it on at Villa when Mourinho or whoever it was at Real couldnt get him to?

Disagree all you want.

The first mistake you made is to assume we're looking for someone to "carry" us. The signings will mean a larger portion of goals will come from other positions.

The second mistake you made is to assume Adebayor can't be arsed. If he wasn't arsed, he'd sit pretty where he is, picking up £100k a week for doing fuck all.

The 3rd mistake you made was to assume that Benteke hit form and kept us up. Actually, what kept us up was Sherwood coming in and changing the style of play so that Benteke was involved a lot more

Your final mistake was to assume that Adebayor doesn't strengthen any team. He would strengthen more than half the teams in the PL, possibly including yourselves

I think you are in trouble because your Manager is a cock

Liked the look of him last season, showed good strength and doesn't mind putting himself about either which is something we're currently lacking from our current bunch of strikers.
All of this. Rhodes and Gestede are proper'scoring' forwards, regardless of being a in a league our current crop nearly resigned us to. We need a change and threat up top and now. Are either of these worse prospects to score than fletcher, graham or wickham?

Your defence looks utter gash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back