Rugby WC

Status
Not open for further replies.

He hasn't tried to blend youth and experience , his policy of not selecting anyone over thirty or picking players who have strayed as well as alienating foreign based players has pretty much done for him ,like I mentioned previously when the pressure is on we buckle

Baxter from Exeter or Cockerill from Leicester. Shaun Edwards to be the defence coach. Not sure about Catt as attack coach. If those who know better than us see that he's good and it's the Farrell-Lancaster axis limiting the backs he should stay.

Cockerill would hopefully ensure we build a powerful competitive pack and let the backs coaches get on with setting us up to use all the great quick ball he's going to deliver.

Baxter just impresses me all round with what he's done with Exeter
He seems to be the bloke people talk about why isnt he in the frame? Tell you what was noticeable last night the Aussies were good at little niggly things seemed to do enough to get away with things without getting punished. Are England a bit too nice at this level?

He seems to be the bloke people talk about why isnt he in the frame? Tell you what was noticeable last night the Aussies were good at little niggly things seemed to do enough to get away with things without getting punished. Are England a bit too nice at this level?
He's too deep in the Wales set up now

Wales hired him and he's obviously happy there. I think you would need to establish a really high quality coaching team with England and show him that he's the missing piece of a world cup winning jigsaw. His defence coaching would accelerate Burgess, put the finishing touches to Burrell and make sure there was no defensive downside to picking some of the more talented players who aren't giants, like Ford, Slade, Watson, May and even Eastmond in certain matches.

Naive not nice

Money talks though.
I'm not sure it would with him. Fiercely loyal guy. Scary as fuck too.

Wales hired him and he's obviously happy there. I think you would need to establish a really high quality coaching team with England and show him that he's the missing piece of a world cup winning jigsaw. His defence coaching would accelerate Burgess, put the finishing touches to Burrell and make sure there was no defensive downside to picking some of the more talented players who aren't giants, like Ford, Slade, Watson, May and even Eastmond in certain matches.
It's not just his defence that is amazing. It's his wholefull on ethos. Never say die. Doesn't matter if you fuck up, just fuck up at 100%

Well it seems the consensus is Lancaster should go then. Hopefully we get some one that builds on this team as i genuinely think its got something to build on. Im not a club rugby watcher so dont know who can come in? Really hope they dont throw away the core of the team though.
I would highly recommend starting to watch club rugby, until a few years back I only watched internationals and occasionally Bath if convenient, now I'll watch Bath every week as well as most other televised games. There really is some great rugby at domestic level and it's a great way to see the talent coming through.

The season starts in 2 weeks now and there will be some great games to watch, Bath v Exeter on opening day (and on tv) will now feature virtually full strength teams on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back