Rugby WC

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 games next Saturday, 2 big ones and one absolute dead rubber :(. I'll watch the Scotland-Samoa game at St James' and then head over to the fan park for Wales vs Australia but will watch the boxing and international qualifiers that night over England-Uruguay and maybe just catch the highlights of that. Looking forward to seeing the fan park though.
Biggest game of the lot is at 6.00pm next Saturday, we can watch some proper Rugby with the Leeds v Wigan grand final ;)

I would highly recommend starting to watch club rugby, until a few years back I only watched internationals and occasionally Bath if convenient, now I'll watch Bath every week as well as most other televised games. There really is some great rugby at domestic level and it's a great way to see the talent coming through.

The season starts in 2 weeks now and there will be some great games to watch, Bath v Exeter on opening day (and on tv) will now feature virtually full strength teams on both sides.
I got rid of SKY watched it now and again but didnt get into it really. Loved playing it when i was a youngster so have always followed it in the Internationals.

BT Sport has the rights to the English league games and the European cup competitions, and the coverage is very good.
We are getting BT next week so ill have a watch see what im missing. Hopefully better than the Footy? Premier league has been dire last few years just about stopped watching it thats why ive binned SKY pointless paying as im not watching it.

We are getting BT next week so ill have a watch see what im missing. Hopefully better than the Footy? Premier league has been dire last few years just about stopped watching it thats why ive binned SKY pointless paying as im not watching it.

The BT sports coverage of football is appalling (take a bow Michael Owen) but the rugby is very good. This is partly because the standard of the games is good and entertaining, and the Euro games present some great match ups and different teams and players you don't often get to see (Toulon are amazing, and I like watching Leinster play). It's also because they use some former players who are really good at analysing and commentating on the matches, and do a great job in the studio at explaining key aspects of the game. They even do little reconstructions with club and school players of rucks, mauls, tackles. passing moves and scrums

Logon or register to see this image

The BT sports coverage of football is appalling (take a bow Michael Owen) but the rugby is very good. This is partly because the standard of the games is good and entertaining, and the Euro games present some great match ups and different teams and players you don't often get to see (Toulon are amazing, and I like watching Leinster play). It's also because they use some former players who are really good at analysing and commentating on the matches, and do a great job in the studio at explaining key aspects of the game. They even do little reconstructions with club and school players of rucks, mauls, tackles. passing moves and scrums

Ill definitely start watching it not bothered about the Footy really its been dire for years now, just watch the Lads. So if i can get into club rugby that will be good.

I find it amazing that they can do football so badly when they've got rugby spot on. Their rugby tonight show is excellent and where they do features like that one above on the scrum.

Split loyalties. I'm a Wigan 'fan' but worked at Leeds Rhinos as a student so have a soft spot for them.
I'm a bit the same but split loyalties between Wigan and Salford. I come from a Wigan family but we moved to Eccles as a young un and my old man played for Salford for a number of years. So I grew up going to both Wigan and Salford with my old man who remained a Wigan 'supporter' all his life but could never quite cut his ties with The Willows and Salford.

I may have missed it, but why has Farrell been playing and not Ford?

He's slightly bigger than Ford, and marginally better in the tackle, which apparently makes up for his massive inferiority in most other aspects of the game. Although to be fair he's better at kicking for goal, so he will score a higher percentage of points from all the penalty and try scoring chances that are not created when he's on the field

Just the post knockout analysis.

Matt Dawson suddenly changing his optinion that Lancaster should be kept in the setup

So he was saying Lancaster should go and now he's saying he should stay?

I think there's a few recently retired English players who are still a bit too close to the set up to be objective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back