Russia invading Ukraine (NEWS/UPDATES) - Please put sensitive content behind a spoiler

Yep, it’s never gonna end happily for anyone, but a way will have to be found that everyone can live with, and sell to the populace.
As for leaders, countries especially the less socially developed ones just like a strong(arsehole) leader. The west has to be careful not to allow too much of a siege mentality develop amongst the Russian commoners, as it then becomes a fight against them personally and as you say, putin will be seen as the strong leader needed and the extremes to which he goes to will be seen as a plus point not the mental actions of a nut job
And regardless of sanctions, it’ll be spun as the western world inflicting this on the stoic Russian nation, who were doing nothing but trying to help the poor Ukrainians and that any inconvenience or hardship shows how badly the Russians have been treat by the west and its corrupt leaderships. Sounds mental to us but it’s worked for generations bs like that with media tightly controlled and drip fed to the population
Probably too late for the average Russian mate. In particular those outside the two cities. They’ve been force fed propaganda and bullshit since the time of Lenin. The siege mentality has been there since WW2. Just my opinion but to me it seems the vast majority of the population believe they won ww2 single handed. They will do whatever the man in the Kremlin tells them to. The huge mistake (one of many) the west has made is to believe they think like we do. They don’t, and even if the leadership changed tomorrow, for a century at least they never will. This needs to stop. The only thing they understand is brute force. Expecting them to play by the rules just won’t work. The only military success they have ever had has been the result of long range artillery, bombing, human wave assault and a scorched earth policy, remember Grozny? They need to be forcibly expelled from Ukraine and be made to stay within their own borders. They can tell their own population whatever the feck they like after that. We don’t have to listen.

There is a WAR going on in UKRAINE ! No "Special Operation ",just War.Russia is now getting to be embarrassed. Weapons from IRAN, N.Korea,China that we know of. Ukraine will attack where it's resources are deemed to work best.New better weapons being delivered plus F-16s to take to the skies . Crimea is Ukraine .The other areas occupied by Russian troops as invaders will be defeated.Eventually arms depots will be blown up in Russian held territories.Just leave Ukraine,save thousands of lives and rebuild your country.

Have you seen the videos of Russian grannies fighting over the out of date food bins? This is a country that can’t fix its own infrastructure.
It’s been that way for awhile in the sticks, granted the problem has been exasperated, but they’ve always survived on growing their own food & very basic diets. Been left to rot by the government, even more so now.

Probably too late for the average Russian mate. In particular those outside the two cities. They’ve been force fed propaganda and bullshit since the time of Lenin. The siege mentality has been there since WW2. Just my opinion but to me it seems the vast majority of the population believe they won ww2 single handed. They will do whatever the man in the Kremlin tells them to. The huge mistake (one of many) the west has made is to believe they think like we do. They don’t, and even if the leadership changed tomorrow, for a century at least they never will. This needs to stop. The only thing they understand is brute force. Expecting them to play by the rules just won’t work. The only military success they have ever had has been the result of long range artillery, bombing, human wave assault and a scorched earth policy, remember Grozny? They need to be forcibly expelled from Ukraine and be made to stay within their own borders. They can tell their own population whatever the feck they like after that. We don’t have to listen.
This! The country is like a lunatic asylum with vodka on full flow. I would love to see the rotten corrupt country hermetically sealed by the west until the madness is ended and they want to live at peace with their neighbours rather than invade them because of some bullshit imperialistic urge
It’s been that way for awhile in the sticks, granted the problem has been exasperated, but they’ve always survived on growing their own food & very basic diets. Been left to rot by the government, even more so now.
The videos show people fighting over the out of date food in Cities not the countryside.

Last edited:
Probably all correct, some societies we have to accept that they are a million miles away from what we’d describe as decent western norms, be that Russia, china, India, the Middle East and lot of Africa.
They may have modernised and have all the gadgets we do, but they themselves are stuck in attitudes and how they are governed dating back decades if not centuries in a lot of aspects of life. Whether they themselves see that as a bad thing is anyones guess.
How it’s tackled is open to debate, do we act like them and just level the place, or keep to the more progressive path we are on by and large

Probably all correct, some societies we have to accept that they are a million miles away from what we’d describe as decent western norms, be that Russia, china, India, the Middle East and lot of Africa.
They may have modernised and have all the gadgets we do, but they themselves are stuck in attitudes and how they are governed dating back decades if not centuries in a lot of aspects of life. Whether they themselves see that as a bad thing is anyones guess.
How it’s tackled is open to debate, do we act like them and just level the place, or keep to the more progressive path we are on by and large
That’s a bloody good question and I think if we could come up with a solution we’d both be worth a lot of money. For me any country that invades another on the same grounds as Russia ie none other than theft and one man’s twisted imperialism and ego, should be ostracised. No trade, no diplomats, no contact, no flights in or out. Nothing.

That’s a bloody good question and I think if we could come up with a solution we’d both be worth a lot of money. For me any country that invades another on the same grounds as Russia ie none other than theft and one man’s twisted imperialism and ego, should be ostracised. No trade, no diplomats, no contact, no flights in or out. Nothing.
In theory it sounds great, in practice it just doesn’t work, most countries with shitty regimes would have to be treat this way, so the likes of china with it’s human rights violations, big swathes of the Middle East, Russia, lots of African countries and all the rest. But pragmatism always wins especially with resource rich countries where the west overlooks such things to keep the bandwagon on the road. Totally cynical but it’s pretty much as it’s always been and how it will continue

Last edited:
I don’t agree with the Afghanistan parallel.

They consider Ukraine part of its historical territory in a way they never did Afghanistan. They’ll fight more for Ukraine and expend more resources to subdue it.

They also calculate once subdued it’ll be easier to Russify the country. No Russian migrants can be persuaded to move to Afghanistan, but they can to Crimea or Kharkiv. There is also no scope to Russify Afghan people, but the linguistic and cultural ties make the Ukrainian people appear like potential Russians in a generation or two.

Ukraine also doesn’t have the logistic disadvantages that Afghanistan has.
Plus they were invited into Afghanistan by the government in control. Maybe not much of a government but then there is never much of a central government in that country. It was similar to the South inviting America into Vietnam..ended in similar dismal fashion as the Red Army in Afghanistan.

There is little similarity to the invasion of Ukraine.

In theory it sounds great, in practice it just doesn’t work, most countries with shitty regimes would have to be treat this way, so the likes of china with it’s human rights violations, big swathes of the Middle East, Russia, lots of African countries and all the rest. But pragmatism always wins especially with resource rich countries where the west overlooks such things to keep the bandwagon on the road. Totally cynical but it’s pretty much as it’s always been and how it will continue
Money is far too important. Beats everything else. I’m an idealist, I still hope there will come a time when we stop fecking each other about and just get on with our lives. I’m running down the clock now so I won’t see it, maybe future generations will see the rank stupidity and get it fixed. But not while we are addicted to the pursuit of riches and power.

Money is far too important. Beats everything else. I’m an idealist, I still hope there will come a time when we stop fecking each other about and just get on with our lives. I’m running down the clock now so I won’t see it, maybe future generations will see the rank stupidity and get it fixed. But not while we are addicted to the pursuit of riches and power.
I’d love to think we go all Star Trek and become a unified world…but I suspect we won’t, and if anything things will get a lot more bleak as populations rise and global warming and lack of resources increase. What govts wouldn’t dream of doing now, may well be considered and acted upon further down the line

No child should ever have to ive through this.

Remember this little girl is in her own country. Another much larger and powerful state has invaded her country and is bombing her and her family.

This invading country will try to deflect and obfuscate every way it can to justify themselves.

They are a mafia on a global scale and they must be stopped as otherwise global stability is just an illusion.

Back