Sacking Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty bored with this debate, for what its worth I hate the black & white bastard and a lot of the cancer we have in and around the squad now is of his making - the wages we have these players on means we have been unable to shake them off and will lose each of them to a man for no return. For the record I apportion some of that blame to Quinn as well

Reactions: PTR

Big mistake in hindsight?

I know he's been bitter since and a bit of a kernt,but

We're still playing pretty much a Steve Bruce signings squad.

Best finish for many years.

Brought in some talent for cheap that we then got good money for (sess, bent, gyan,mig, Mcclean)

Had a squad that scored lots of goals when the strikers were in good form, and had some good , albeit overpaid, players in it.

Did we really sack him for a good reason? I know I wanted him out at the end but I honestly can't remember what I had to complain about at the time compared to now!

Keep taking the tablets, they will kick in at some point.

Jesus Christ I have read some shite on here and thats right up there with the rest.

No, the timing was all wrong.

We should have done it before giving him that shit load of money to waste in hindsight.
I thought he done well for us. The problem I had with him was he slagged the fans off. The manager and team wise I liked him a lot.

The main trouble I have with Bruce is that, like everyone of our players that we ship on, he looks much better since he left us :(

All the sackings have come at exactly the right time for me.

Things are progressing nicely

Brought in some talent for cheap that we then got good money for (sess, bent, gyan,mig, Mcclean)

Had a squad that scored lots of goals when the strikers were in good form, and had some good , albeit overpaid, players in it.

Did we really sack him for a good reason? I know I wanted him out at the end but I honestly can't remember what I had to complain about at the time compared to now!

I don't think he would have got us much further than he did, but crucially he knew what good players looked like, even if he had his share of donkeys he also bought some genuinely good players, not one of his predecessors has equaled that.

We were playing terrible at the tie of his sacking. He didn't know what to do to change it

Oh, here we go again, common denominator is your crap support. You really are the worst in the PL, but not for much longer. I've told you before Altidore was a donkey, but you all thought Danny G was worse, you think you're a big club (haha) we're not either but at least no illusions. But now you think Brucey is the problem, really? We have no pedigree and yet somehow....... But he is the problem with you. Don't think so, you're just all a bunch of dreamers that support a crap team. Keep telling you, you're going down and you aren't ever coming back. Bye x

If we hadn't sacked him, we would have gone down sooner.

He sold bent, I suppose that was the point it all started going downhill

Bruce did not decide to sell Bent
Bent was sold because every time he scored a goal his agent was onto the club for a pay rise
He was being a total mercenary
(And he was shagging Bruce's daughter which didnt help)
Worst decision of Bent's career leaving Sunderland

Oh, here we go again, common denominator is your crap support. You really are the worst in the PL, but not for much longer. I've told you before Altidore was a donkey, but you all thought Danny G was worse, you think you're a big club (haha) we're not either but at least no illusions. But now you think Brucey is the problem, really? We have no pedigree and yet somehow....... But he is the problem with you. Don't think so, you're just all a bunch of dreamers that support a crap team. Keep telling you, you're going down and you aren't ever coming back. Bye x
We is this prick?

We is this prick?
Do you mean "who" Chappers? Hard to type when you can't control your drinking? Anyway, if you were paying attention you'd know it is me. Just giving you an update on the real world. Enjoy lower league football!

This is a compete myth he won 8 league games in 2011 before being sacked.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/sunderland/results/2010-2011/

Shocking Feb and March and the obvious shit result in October. But other than that looking at the results we got that year look unbelievable compared to now. Shame really, all the players were brought in, everyone waited for them to gel, they didn't, he went, the next man went, the next man went, they still haven't managed to gel. I solely hate him cause he is doing well.

Not really, he did well the season prior, the year we beat Chelsea 3-0 at Stamford Bridge, then decides to strengthen by signing Gardner and Larsson amongst others. Part of the reason we are where we are.

That victory at Chelsea was amazing. The signings were bad, but it was more the departure of Bent that was the turning point. We held on for a few more weeks, then collapsed. The signings just made the decline more permanent.

Do you mean "who" Chappers? Hard to type when you can't control your drinking? Anyway, if you were paying attention you'd know it is me. Just giving you an update on the real world. Enjoy lower league football!

No I mean we, and guess you would know all about lower league football, since hull have spent more time there than most.

Come on, own up - whose second log in is this :D

"We is this prick" so that's what you meant, fair enough, I suppose English isn't you first language? That's OK. And you are right I do know about lower league football but your knowledge will surpass mine by some degree. I told you, you are not coming back, you really are a busted flush. Irrelevant in the modern world. Bye

We are going down this season partially due to Bruce, he has to take a portion of the blame because we haven't been able to get rid of some of the players he signed in his last summer here

Aye the unshiftables Gardner Larsson and Wickham. And those knackers Brown and O'Shea. Good job the next 4 managers realised they were shit and got rid immediately.

Oh hang on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back