Saw the worst driving I've ever seen today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the A19 at about 8.30 this morning. I was about a mile from Testo's roundabout doing about 80 in the outside lane when I saw a load of blue lights about half a mile away in my mirror. I moved into the inside lane and a few moments later 2 4x4 ambulances (think they were Range Rovers) came past. I moved back into the outside lane and about a half mile later saw the ambulance in front hammer his brakes on and stop. I thought that must have been the incident but when I got there it was a woman in a peugeot estate - she'd just totally stopped in the outside lane to let the ambulances past. :eek::eek:

I know this will get turned round and be my fault somehow :lol::lol:

On the A19 at about 8.30 this morning. I was about a mile from Testo's roundabout doing about 80 in the outside lane when I saw a load of blue lights about half a mile away in my mirror. I moved into the inside lane and a few moments later 2 4x4 ambulances (think they were Range Rovers) came past. I moved back into the outside lane and about a half mile later saw the ambulance in front hammer his brakes on and stop. I thought that must have been the incident but when I got there it was a woman in a peugeot estate - she'd just totally stopped in the outside lane to let the ambulances past. :eek::eek:

Yes, you were speeding.

I've seen worse.

I was overtaken by someone who pulled onto the pavement to get past me when the lights were on red in France

if you'd been paying attention earlier, you could have shifted across earlier which in turn would allow the female brain to process the flashing lights earlier and provide the driver in the peugeot to assess the situation and make a sensible choice rather than panicking and stopping completely when the lights appeared suddenly half a mile away.

if you'd been paying attention earlier, you could have shifted across earlier which in turn would allow the female brain to process the flashing lights earlier and provide the driver in the peugeot to assess the situation and make a sensible choice rather than panicking and stopping completely when the lights appeared suddenly half a mile away.

I moved across when they were about a quarter of a mile behind, she was about a half mile in front of me. The ambulances must have taken a good 30 seconds to catch up with her - and I would have thought it would take less time to move over than to totally stop.
But I take your point, I'll be more vigilant in future.

Can you drive?

. I moved into the inside lane and a few moments later 2 4x4 ambulances (think they were Range Rovers) came past. I moved back into the outside lane:
Why did you immediately move back to the outside lane a) without reason - you reveal no reason to be in the outside lane so I assume you were hoggin it and b) without checking your mirrors, signalling your intent and only then moving out.

Could have been very nasty

Why did you immediately move back to the outside lane a) without reason - you reveal no reason to be in the outside lane so I assume you were hoggin it and b) without checking your mirrors, signalling your intent and only then moving out.

Could have been very nasty

You've just made all that up :lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back