School Placements

Status
Not open for further replies.
People place far too much emphasis on what school they get their kids in imo.

My sister is always banging on about it, the little brat cannit even read or nowt. If she'd spend more time actually with the kid herself, reading etc. the school he went to wouldn't make that much difference.

Whatever school a kid is sent to I think having good attentive parents will make a hell of a lot more difference on their education,

I agree with you. In our case we were glad to get the school in our village since it would mean I can walk my son to school in the mornings that I work from home. There would be no need to drive to the next village. There are no buses and it is too far to walk. Luckily he got in.

To answer the question earlier in the thread. Yes, there is an algorithm that the schools should stick to. After talking to a couple of the teachers at the local schools who are friends I was shocked to learn that often the rules are not stuck to.

yeah the shit one is closer
Are they Sunderland schools?

I'm guessing the three you applied for will be full and be good schools, and it will take some turning the decision around.

I agree with you. In our case we were glad to get the school in our village since it would mean I can walk my son to school in the mornings that I work from home. There would be no need to drive to the next village. There are no buses and it is too far to walk. Luckily he got in.

To answer the question earlier in the thread. Yes, there is an algorithm that the schools should stick to. After talking to a couple of the teachers at the local schools who are friends I was shocked to learn that often the rules are not stuck to.
They will be stuck too, if the la is the admission authority for that school.

I found that when I worked in 'shit' schools (although challenging might be more apt) they made me a better teacher. I learnt more about harder experiences and how to tailor my teaching towards it. Although I am not a teacher yet I am going to be a trainee next year and those were the sort of schools that inspired me, not your walk in the park middle-class schools. They inspired me to stick with it so I hope you take something out of it OP.

Are they Sunderland schools?

I'm guessing the three you applied for will be full and be good schools, and it will take some turning the decision around.

They will be stuck too, if the la is the admission authority for that school.

Ferryhill, Kirk merrington and Spennymoor

I found that when I worked in 'shit' schools (although challenging might be more apt) they made me a better teacher. I learnt more about harder experiences and how to tailor my teaching towards it. Although I am not a teacher yet I am going to be a trainee next year and those were the sort of schools that inspired me, not your walk in the park middle-class schools. They inspired me to stick with it so I hope you take something out of it OP.

Good post m8 but it turns out that the OP isn't a trainee teacher, the thread is about the place that his kid has been offered.

Ah, misread Stevie. To the OP, are you just doing work experience or do you actually intend to go into teaching? Either way just go in with your mind open. Every experience is one for a reason and can help shape you depending on how you cope.

its for my daughter mate ive no desire ever to be a school teacher

Don't think an appeal of 'This school is shit' would work then :lol:

Shit ones are better man, makes them more street wise

Until they have to apply for jobs and notice the street wise box has been replaced by the educational qualifications section.

Ah, misread Stevie. To the OP, are you just doing work experience or do you actually intend to go into teaching? Either way just go in with your mind open. Every experience is one for a reason and can help shape you depending on how you cope.

His daughter isn't old enough for teacher training, the OP is nearly daft enough for teacher training, I deffo don't want to do teacher training.

its for my daughter mate ive no desire ever to be a school teacher

Sorry mate, should've read the thread properly :lol:

Does your daughter want to be a teacher then? My point still stands, it may not look great on paper but she will still get a lot out of it. Have you read the Ofsted report on the school? Might give you an insight into it a bit better.

His daughter isn't old enough for teacher training, the OP is nearly daft enough for teacher training, I deffo don't want to do teacher training.

And here I am about to do teacher training. What magical positions we get to in life ay? You still at a Nottingham University Stevie?

Sorry mate, should've read the thread properly :lol:

Does your daughter want to be a teacher then? My point still stands, it may not look great on paper but she will still get a lot out of it. Have you read the Ofsted report on the school? Might give you an insight into it a bit better.

She has been offered a place at a skool that the OP is contesting. The confusion is born from the use of 'placement' instead of 'place'.

Just looked at the first school whereby I did my training and where I was told that '' schemes of work don't really exist'' and that I was'' not from an academic background''.....it got a 4 from Ofsted in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back