School Placements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just become a brickie then

On shit loads of money now
oohh, are you suggesting 'Brickies' are streetwise and therefore uneducated? Anyway -If you hadn't noticed - there's f***all being built at the minute.

oohh, are you suggesting 'Brickies' are streetwise and therefore uneducated? Anyway -If you hadn't noticed - there's f***all being built at the minute.

Ive done it now haven't I

I'll have brickies after me

Ive done it now haven't I

I'll have brickies after me
Yep, most of them are big bastards anarl -especially the streetwise ones that don't use hod carriers.:lol:

Reactions: j.w
They will be stuck too, if the la is the admission authority for that school.

I don't know for certain but the school in question is just an average county primary school. So I can't imagine why it wouldn't be the Local Education Authority that controls it. The rules were not followed. This was reported, in confidence so I can't name the school, from two teachers within the school. Hence we were very surprised.

I went to Pennywell school in the early 80's when it was really shite and I turned out almost normal.
Mind I wasn't a soft shite like the OP

On my teacher training, my 2nd placement was in a rough area with rough pupils and was far better than the snooty first school.

Is that not because - and I'm assuming here - you're more similar in socioeconomic status to them? You may have some things in common with the working class kids than the (presumably) middle-class ones?

If so that's a great argument for having teachers who fit their students backgrounds.

I'd love to see research demonstrating the effect, measured by independent examiners, that a teacher from the same background as the pupils has in comparison to one with a different background.

I found that when I worked in 'shit' schools (although challenging might be more apt) they made me a better teacher. I learnt more about harder experiences and how to tailor my teaching towards it. Although I am not a teacher yet I am going to be a trainee next year and those were the sort of schools that inspired me, not your walk in the park middle-class schools. They inspired me to stick with it so I hope you take something out of it OP.
Rock on Sidney Poitier

Is there no such thing as catchment areas nowadays like? When I was a kid you went to the nearest school and that was that. Now, the bairns go to redby and there are kids there from Carley Hill. Lowering the tone.

Our school is full of kids from middle class estates in Consett. No wonder there are so many cars on the road.

Our school is full of kids from middle class estates in Consett. No wonder there are so many cars on the road.

I went to college in Consett and I'm struggling to comprehend the idea that there are such things. Everyone used to tell me about the council estates in Blackhill(?) where the furniture was out in the front garden

I went to college in Consett and I'm struggling to comprehend the idea that there are such things. Everyone used to tell me about the council estates in Blackhill(?) where the furniture was out in the front garden

Berry edge etc. Barratt homes.

Most black hill houses have no front garden, just a back yard.

Berry edge etc. Barratt homes.

Most black hill houses have no front garden, just a back yard.

Were they bullshitting me or have I just got mixed up? Anyways there was definitely somewhere in Consett where they did that. Anyways, it has the worst Wetherspoons in the country

Is that not because - and I'm assuming here - you're more similar in socioeconomic status to them? You may have some things in common with the working class kids than the (presumably) middle-class ones?

If so that's a great argument for having teachers who fit their students backgrounds.

I'd love to see research demonstrating the effect, measured by independent examiners, that a teacher from the same background as the pupils has in comparison to one with a different background.

My accent was certainly received and welcomed far better in the latter school.

The little dotees should have to go the nearest school. Full fuckin stop.
If it's a shit school that goofy looking twat Gove should sort the twat out.
this, parents are f***ing massive bellends these days with schooling , its f***ing comical tbh , just send the fucker to the nearest school ffs

this, parents are f***ing massive bellends these days with schooling , its f***ing comical tbh , just send the fucker to the nearest school ffs

What if the nearest school is absolutely shit?

There are some very, very poor schools in this country, schools where the behaviour or needs of students (such as difficulties with language) combined with a lack of staff results in poor learning outcomes for students.

I wouldn't want my child to be forced to attend a comprehensive school where the overwhelming majority of students are from the local sink estate and have no interest in actually being there to learn. Kids like that ruin the education of the other children around them.

What if the nearest school is absolutely shit?

There are some very, very poor schools in this country, schools where the behaviour or needs of students (such as difficulties with language) combined with a lack of staff results in poor learning outcomes for students.

I wouldn't want my child to be forced to attend a comprehensive school where the overwhelming majority of students are from the local sink estate and have no interest in actually being there to learn. Kids like that ruin the education of the other children around them.
fuck off man :lol: if the kid wants to learn , he /she will learn man :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back