Scottish independence debate on the radio this AM

• Thread starter Roger Senseless
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roger Senseless

Anyone hear it? I thought Tony Robinson (Baldrick) 's message in support of the 'No' camp was well done, though it stopped short of offering a cunning plan if Yes won.

But the bit that got a chuckle out of me was an audience member in the No camp, who likened the whole thing to being given a box on a plane, which may or may not contain a parachute which might or might not work, and being asked to jump anyway. :lol:

The problem for some people deciding is the question is "Should Scotland become and independent country?" and parts of the Yes campaign are pretty much along the lines of 'we can sort out the details after the vote'.

A poll after the second TV debate has pulled the yes vote closer to the no vote. So far it looks like a very close call.

I'm in Scotland this week so no idea if this telly programme was shown in England but... Saw a bit of it which featured families with some 'yes' some 'no' and 'undecided'. There was a 'debate' in a family which started with the Dad (who was a 'no') talking about the economy and Europe etc. his wife (a yes - but only in the voting sense) then offered her rebuttal and submission in support of an independence vote. She started by saying "...well we're always on last when the weather's on the telly..." and, well that seemed to be the entirety of her argument. I turned over to a programme about rogue builders after that.

I'm in Scotland this week so no idea if this telly programme was shown in England but... Saw a bit of it which featured families with some 'yes' some 'no' and 'undecided'. There was a 'debate' in a family which started with the Dad (who was a 'no') talking about the economy and Europe etc. his wife (a yes - but only in the voting sense) then offered her rebuttal and submission in support of an independence vote. She started by saying "...well we're always on last when the weather's on the telly..." and, well that seemed to be the entirety of her argument. I turned over to a programme about rogue builders after that.
:lol: Democracy's completely wasted on voters mate.

surely you meant HEADBUTTAL here - we are talking about the scotch after all lol am I alone in secretly hoping the ginger porridge gobblers will actually vote yes so we can sit back and watch the foolish seperatists eventually strung up for destroying a great country

If I was a Scotchie I would vote yes for independence just to see what happens. If it all goes tits up (like Salmond appears to have realised from the look on his face) its only a short drive to civilisation anyway.

We should let them have their FREEEEEEDOM !!!!!

And then take the place back by force, just like the good old days.

I spent a few days in Inverness and the Scottish channels were full of stuff like that.

I wish they'd Get the bugger over and done with and vote yes. If they vote no which I have no doubt they will, they'll want to vote again in 20 years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back