Sessegnon or Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sess by a country mile.

Johnson is, unfortunately, very average

It's not reflected in the stats but I also think Sess created even more goals indirectly through his style of play. The way he ran at defences and the pieces of skill he produced created space for others at times

Above all, Sess used to make people smile. He was just one of those players you'd pay to watch. You could sense the excitement when the football was at Sess's feet in a dangerous area

Sess, the last of our magical little geniuses that made me smile.

Every single one of them lambasted on here for the usual crap too
1 in 5
Inconsistent
No end product
Luxury player

I could go to the moon for a few years, get back, log on here and whichever player is having the above levelled at him is the one I would look forward to watching most the next match :)

Turned down 4 or 5 million from Dortmund for Ji, next week sell Sess for 6. Di Fanti and Di Canio need stringing up by their knackers for that.

That had nothing to do with the players respective abilities & everything to do with Sessegnon's agent being an utter twat. Although the Italians want stringing up just for not accepting that for Ji & then him going out on loan in the next window & leaving for a free.

Sess , easy

we have no outlet anymore who can win freekicks, chase loose balls and beat a man at pace causing panic

his body strength for a little guy was class too- jozy and fletch should hang their heads in shame

Money talks.

Johnson was twice as expensive to bring in. He has not been twice as effective. We sold Sess for what we paid near enough.. If he sold AJ tomorrow I doubt we might get half back.

It's not reflected in the stats but I also think Sess created even more goals indirectly through his style of play. The way he ran at defences and the pieces of skill he produced created space for others at times

Above all, Sess used to make people smile. He was just one of those players you'd pay to watch. You could sense the excitement when the football was at Sess's feet in a dangerous area

Made me smile ... but tbf there was usually a groan at the end of it.

It's a cliche, but he really was the sort of player who got you our of your seat, which as I fan I loved.

Yes he was inconstant, yes he was frustrating, yes his shots were as weak as a baby's fart, yes he had that drink drive episode, but on the pitch he was exciting.

Johnson can be exciting, but it feels like a much rarer event.

Definitely Sessegnon. His goals and assists are a bit ahead of johnson in the Premier League, but more importantly was just the way he could get the team forward. Defenders used to shit themselves and backtrack all the way to their own box.

His goal against Norwich is often forgotten about, but it's one of my favourites. That's how you take a team forward. The Vaughan goal against the Mags is another one, from inside his own half to the edge of the opposition box in seconds. Taking the piss out of Tiote on the way.

Often he was the only reason to bother watching us every week.

doesn't bother me, players leave , others come, i don't think about sess anymore, he left , ( although he was canny for a 4/10 games) johnson plays for us, who is sess ? i back johnson ;)

They both were/are class acts for us. We haven't had enough classy technical players like them over the years. Hopefully Alvarez can offer something similar, I'm still holding out hope for Giacc as well.

Definitely Sessegnon. His goals and assists are a bit ahead of johnson in the Premier League, but more importantly was just the way he could get the team forward. Defenders used to shit themselves and backtrack all the way to their own box.

His goal against Norwich is often forgotten about, but it's one of my favourites. That's how you take a team forward. The Vaughan goal against the Mags is another one, from inside his own half to the edge of the opposition box in seconds. Taking the piss out of Tiote on the way.

Often he was the only reason to bother watching us every week.

Yes, but I seem to recall a long gone post from yourself, about how we failed to use him that way and get the best out of the little fella. Remembered it because it was spot on. Maybe Poyet would have done better with him.

That had nothing to do with the players respective abilities & everything to do with Sessegnon's agent being an utter twat. Although the Italians want stringing up just for not accepting that for Ji & then him going out on loan in the next window & leaving for a free.
What was up with his agent like?

I always got the feeling PDC didn't rate Sess anyway and would have happily moved him on.

Turned down 4 or 5 million from Dortmund for Ji, next week sell Sess for 6. Di Fanti and Di Canio need stringing up by their knackers for that.
According to the German press it was €5m which at the time worked out around £3.2m mind we should've snapped their hands off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back