shields v hebburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry my mistake, I meant the post about the Morpeth game in FA Vase. There's talk the Vase game might be moved to the Friday night (11/12).

Keep it a Saturday, 3pm.​
The only reason I can see is safc are at home on the 12th and could mean crowd would be less , morpeth get half the gate money so would have to agree on what they think is best , but they are a very well funded club so can't see why that would bother them. I can tell you why I think they might want to change it but not on main board , I've already told @pontelandmackem though

Working on a job today and got talking to a lad, who was a mag from horden. Got the usual werer both shite, couldn't make a decent team out the pair of us, blah blah blah. Anyway got talking about non league footy and he started telling me about horden colliery and apparently there's a group of 150 that watch them every week and call themselves the horden ultras. Never expanded on it, but I had to leave the room before I burst out laughing.
My son played there a few weeks ago. The Hordon Ultras consist of a bunch of about 15 spotty overweight kids with a bed sheet stating Horden Ultras that the mags would be proud of. They start the game in their tin shed stand then end up running round the pitch trying to bait the opposition. Pure comedy gold.

11am on the Saturday would be ideal. Full day of football taking in both games and the bar at mariners park open for 8am

Shields have always played Saturday's at 3pm, well vast majority of times anyway.
The majority of time they don't change due to SAFC or NUFC. Changing it sends out the wrong message I think.
It's part of the attraction to be honest, and I don't want Shields to go down the Friday night route like Tranmere Rovers did.
If you want to go to the SAFC v Man City game that's fine, if you want to watch Shields v Morpeth then that's fine.
Most weeks people have to choose and they'll pick SAFC, but I'd rather have to decide for myself, rather than keep changing kick off times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back