Simple questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Twin Resorts

1. Who is responsible for so many players being allowed to fall out of contract?
2. Who failed to ensure that a player's international clearance was not registered?
3. Who really picked the team for the game against Hull?
4. Why did Jozy Altidore play so many games when clearly he was not good enough?
5. Who allowed Campbell to be sold for only £500,000?

Etc...etc....etc....
It seems to me that players have been allowed to leave when they shouldn't have been, whereas others have been kept on when they should have been shipped out. Furthermore, some dreadful decisions have been made about managers, scouting staff, and systems. It also seems that some very ordinary players have been given very generous contracts for no apparent reason.

Who is really to blame? It is time for Sunderland AFC to establish an open and honest relationship with its fans. What is happening now is beyond belief!

Loads of people are to blame and the last thing the club should be doing right now is a mag style whiging and crying session.

1. Who is responsible for so many players being allowed to fall out of contract?
2. Who failed to ensure that a player's international clearance was not registered?
4. Why did Jozy Altidore play so many games when clearly he was not good enough?

Etc...etc....etc....
It seems to me that players have been allowed to leave when they shouldn't have been, whereas others have been kept on when they should have been shipped out. Furthermore, some dreadful decisions have been made about managers, scouting staff, and systems. It also seems that some very ordinary players have been given very generous contracts for no apparent reason.

Who is really to blame? It is time for Sunderland AFC to establish an open and honest relationship with its fans. What is happening now is beyond belief!

Surely point no 1 is a good thing? We have been trying for a while to shift the majority of those out of contract and now we can finally get them off the wage bill

I think now is the time for Ellis Short and Margaret Byrne to go although nee body in their right mind is going to buy Sunderland it's worth nowt.

Our scouting system is appalling. So that's top for me. As soon as Ellis stopped believing gthat we would actually get value for money from spending large sums he's stopped doing it. And for that I can't blame him - would you continue to throw good money after bad players (Eg Graham, Fletch, AJ, Alti etc etc etc)?

I'd also throw in a mitigting factor. We have little or no history as a football club and our location is about as unhelpful as it could possibly be. As a result of that players typically don't want to join us or if they do it takes a higher transfer fee/wages to get them.

You can't blame Ellis overall given that he's backed the club significantly financially. Yes he's overseen putting people into key positions and the uck does stop with him I guess, but I think he's been badly let down by a lot of what has happened which couldn't have been expected or predicted.

I think now is the time for Ellis Short and Margaret Byrne to go although nee body in their right mind is going to buy Sunderland it's worth nowt.
And just how does ellis short go then without the buyer you admit isnt thete....

Altidore was shite - that's made me smile that being highlighted as a key question needing answering! But it also makes me think how shite our other strikers are. I'd take Alti all day long over Scocco - now he is an absolute shambles of a signing and let's not forget he was signed at a time which was critical to our survival chances when it was clear we were desperate for a goalscorer. Borini - 2 goals from open play all season and he's been useless in recent weeks. Fletch - for me one of the most overrated and overpriced players we've ever paid for. Wockham - enough said.

It's an utter shambles. If you can't score goals at PL you go down.

Our scouting system is appalling. So that's top for me. As soon as Ellis stopped believing gthat we would actually get value for money from spending large sums he's stopped doing it. And for that I can't blame him - would you continue to throw good money after bad players (Eg Graham, Fletch, AJ, Alti etc etc etc)?

I'd also throw in a mitigting factor. We have little or no history as a football club and our location is about as unhelpful as it could possibly be. As a result of that players typically don't want to join us or if they do it takes a higher transfer fee/wages to get them.

You can't blame Ellis overall given that he's backed the club significantly financially. Yes he's overseen putting people into key positions and the uck does stop with him I guess, but I think he's been badly let down by a lot of what has happened which couldn't have been expected or predicted.
You make some good points but little or no history as a football club? Simply not true.

Etc...etc....etc....

1. These same players are deemed by this board to be shit, and were on bumper contracts anyway
2. No idea. It was a clerical error. Impact = zero.
3. Poyet
4. Because we had fuck all else. We have fuck all else. Fletcher isn't fit/arsed. Wickham is busy combing his hair. And Graham is out on loan. Scocco looks scared
5. How much is he worth? Seems a nice lad, but he isn't a Premier League player while I have a hole in my arse

Hope that helps

You make some good points but little or no history as a football club? Simply not true.

I was trying to be objective but I take your point. Does no 'recent history' read better? We've won nothing for 41 years, 1 trophy in 77 years etc. We've had long periods out of the top flight and been a yo-yo club too many times. But my point really was in respect of decent PL footballers - we must be so far down the pecking order in terms of their preferred clubs to come and join. Especially foreigners who honestly I don't think would know where Sunderland is or what we've done in the football world.

I was trying to be objective but I take your point. Does no 'recent history' read better? We've won nothing for 41 years, 1 trophy in 77 years etc. We've had long periods out of the top flight and been a yo-yo club too many times. But my point really was in respect of decent PL footballers - we must be so far down the pecking order in terms of their preferred clubs to come and join. Especially foreigners who honestly I don't think would know where Sunderland is or what we've done in the football world.
Hard to deny we have no recent history of success but I think we swerve between thinking we're more attractive than we really are when we sign the likes of Bent and Gyan and then think no fecker would ever want to sign for us when we're relegated despite the fact we'll probably be comfortably the biggest club in that division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back