Simple questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depends...
on finding another billionaire............with a penchant for losing hundreds of millions of ££££££££££££

You sound like a sky boy who thinks they grow on trees...............

The answer to all of the above is Ellis Short

he is responsible for the decisions or allowing the staff in place to make decisions. If the decisions are wrong which a hell of a lot seem to have been, then the buck stops with him imo
So ellis short is to blame for picking the team against Hull and picking Altidore every week until recently.........

If the manager came out and said that in the press you would be up in arms about him interfering......

Have a word before you post shite...............

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Who is responsible for so many players being allowed to fall out of contract?
2. Who failed to ensure that a player's international clearance was not registered?
3. Who really picked the team for the game against Hull?
4. Why did Jozy Altidore play so many games when clearly he was not good enough?
5. Who allowed Campbell to be sold for only £500,000?

Surely point no 1 is a good thing? We have been trying for a while to shift the majority of those out of contract and now we can finally get them off the wage bill

Not at the present time though - and the club should have realised it.

Instead of 1 or 2 players losing interest and downing tools because they're off in the summer, we've got 5 or 6 doing it to the detriment of our league standing. Add to that 3 first team loanees who don't care where we are next season either because they won't be here, and that adds up to more than half the team - and disaster.

The only excuse for the club not having the foresight to see this is the replacements brought in last summer turned out to be worse than those we already had, so I guess they wouldn't have expected as many of the out of contract players being prominent in the first team for so long - especially in a run-in to relegation. Well done il Signor De Fanti.

1. Who is responsible for so many players being allowed to fall out of contract?
2. Who failed to ensure that a player's international clearance was not registered?
4. Why did Jozy Altidore play so many games when clearly he was not good enough?

Etc...etc....etc....
It seems to me that players have been allowed to leave when they shouldn't have been, whereas others have been kept on when they should have been shipped out. Furthermore, some dreadful decisions have been made about managers, scouting staff, and systems. It also seems that some very ordinary players have been given very generous contracts for no apparent reason.

Who is really to blame? It is time for Sunderland AFC to establish an open and honest relationship with its fans. What is happening now is beyond belief!

It was that Millibands fellar I think.

Etc...etc....etc....
It seems to me that players have been allowed to leave when they shouldn't have been, whereas others have been kept on when they should have been shipped out. Furthermore, some dreadful decisions have been made about managers, scouting staff, and systems. It also seems that some very ordinary players have been given very generous contracts for no apparent reason.

Who is really to blame? It is time for Sunderland AFC to establish an open and honest relationship with its fans. What is happening now is beyond belief!
still upset about this me mind :cry: cant believe the opportunity we threw away

on finding another billionaire............with a penchant for losing hundreds of millions of ££££££££££££

So ellis short is to blame for picking the team against Hull and picking Altidore every week until recently.........

If the manager came out and said that in the press you would be up in arms about him interfering......

Ellis short is responsible for allowing us to get to the point where we buy shite like altidore and have very little option but to play him because the squad is so poor

He put the structure and staff in place, including the managers and dof that don't seem capable as a whole

nobody is questioning his investing and whether he is trying to do the best for the club, but the buck stops with him

Ellis short is responsible for allowing us to get to the point where we buy shite like altidore and have very little option but to play him because the squad is so poor

He put the structure and staff in place, including the managers and dof that don't seem capable as a whole

nobody is questioning his investing and whether he is trying to do the best for the club, but the buck stops with him
So he is responsible for picking the team then.....................

1. There aren't many, if any, who we'd want to keep.

5. Campbell was awful for us and it's just because we currently have the worst forward in PL history, that he is looking better to us than he actually is / was

He's trying to delegate the responsibility to those who he trusted. He can't manage every part of the club on a micro level.

Football is a lot different to most business and organisations. There is an enormous amount of faith placed in people to perform.

Do you think that Shoesmith should have been sacked in the Baby 'P' scandal when there were many other agencies and people who were more to blame?

He's trying to delegate the responsibility to those who he trusted. He can't manage every part of the club on a micro level.

Football is a lot different to most business and organisations. There is an enormous amount of faith placed in people to perform.

Do you think that Shoesmith should have been sacked in the Baby 'P' scandal when there were many other agencies and people who were more to blame?

But if the people in place aren't doing a good job, some of who he put in place then surey he is ultimately responsible?

I know its different to a normal business, my concern is that they are tying to run it like one with a severe lack of football experience / knowledge in important areas.

I'm not having a go at short because without him we'd be right in the shit. We need people in place with football experience though imo under him, because at the minute it isn't working and hasn't for years

will congerton be that person, who knows maybe he will. Whatever happens its a massive summer for the club with some important decisions to be made

But if the people in place aren't doing a good job, some of who he put in place then surey he is ultimately responsible?

I know its different to a normal business, my concern is that they are tying to run it like one with a severe lack of football experience / knowledge in important areas.

I'm not having a go at short because without him we'd be right in the shit. We need people in place with football experience though imo under him, because at the minute it isn't working and hasn't for years

will congerton be that person, who knows maybe he will. Whatever happens its a massive summer for the club with some important decisions to be made

I agree mate but if you look at it from Short's perspective he's tried different strategies and it's got worse, not better. He has hired and fired - to be fair his firings have probably been well timed and kept us in the top flight.

The emboldened text above is the key point but again Short might have been sold into the DoF/De Fanti thing but it's a shocker if a top businessman fell for it so easily without checking out credentials.

I agree mate but if you look at it from Short's perspective he's tried different strategies and it's got worse, not better. He has hired and fired - to be fair his firings have probably been well timed and kept us in the top flight.

The emboldened text above is the key point but again Short might have been sold into the DoF/De Fanti thing but it's a shocker if a top businessman fell for it so easily without checking out credentials.

I feel sorry for short tbh, i genuinely think he's tried everything and agree his hiring and more importantly firing have been justified.

maybe its his football inexperience or maybe its the people he relys on not advising him well but something has to change.

i really hope congerton can have a positive impact, and can work with the manager (poyet or other) and board to make some big changes this summer to push us on short term and longer term

Aye and you know everything right? You have a job in the boardroom right? Making the tea. You know fuck all mate.

Etc...etc....etc....

Its all Jozy's fault

Our scouting system is appalling. So that's top for me. As soon as Ellis stopped believing gthat we would actually get value for money from spending large sums he's stopped doing it. And for that I can't blame him - would you continue to throw good money after bad players (Eg Graham, Fletch, AJ, Alti etc etc etc)?

I'd also throw in a mitigting factor. We have little or no history as a football club and our location is about as unhelpful as it could possibly be. As a result of that players typically don't want to join us or if they do it takes a higher transfer fee/wages to get them.

You can't blame Ellis overall given that he's backed the club significantly financially. Yes he's overseen putting people into key positions and the uck does stop with him I guess, but I think he's been badly let down by a lot of what has happened which couldn't have been expected or predicted.

someone ban this f***ing creature, we have a very proud history as a football club you f***ing goon, go suck a fuck

lads.... whee the fuck is this aids ridden stink weasel? ^^^
@Sebasaurus II
@Randy Ostrich
@Euro Plums
@Plank

Aye and you know everything right? You have a job in the boardroom right? Making the tea. You know fuck all mate.
So you want him to go but it depends on finding a buyer..........stunning insight very deep mate thanks............

I feel sorry for short tbh, i genuinely think he's tried everything and agree his hiring and more importantly firing have been justified.

maybe its his football inexperience or maybe its the people he relys on not advising him well but something has to change.

i really hope congerton can have a positive impact, and can work with the manager (poyet or other) and board to make some big changes this summer to push us on short term and longer term
So do I mate and think the PDC fiasco was born out of nothing else has worked lets go down another route..particularly after the failure of MON who the vast majority were over the moon with.............

Alas I think he needs to hoy cash at it and hes now reluctant to throw anymore of his own away................

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back