Skype Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

At awkward questions, just pull the plug on your router to give you time to think then blame your ISP

Unplug your landline, it's bound to ring at that time.

Telephone interview is better, you don't need to buy a suit or do your hair.

Seems to be a new craze for employers

Got myself one on Monday for a graduate Business Management position, been a while since I have had any form of interview.

Any advice? :eek:

Done one. It was twatful to be honest, feels formal but slightly ridiculous at the same time.

was the wearing a suit craic on page one tongue in cheek? I understand making a good impression and that and wearing a gravy-stained t-shirt isn't the way to go but surely wearing a suit for anything in the house just screams mentalist? Never done a Skype interview like but do interviewers really look for a suit when doing Skype interviews?

was the wearing a suit craic on page one tongue in cheek? I understand making a good impression and that and wearing a gravy-stained t-shirt isn't the way to go but surely wearing a suit for anything in the house just screams mentalist? Never done a Skype interview like but do interviewers really look for a suit when doing Skype interviews?
It is still an interview so I would. It shows you made the effort and with 2 closely matched candidates it might give you the edge.

I was once told that I got a job because I had shiny shoes!

I did one from Vietnam to the Philippines, i don't mind phone calls, but having me mush in full view doesn't sit right with me. Anyway, about 30 seconds in, i clicked the video feed off, saying bad internet connection, so should have continued just on voice. However the guy on the other end thought he was a Skype wizard, so we spent most the interview, dialling, redialing, asking me to move different rooms, every time i just kept switching off the video feed, to the point i couldn't stop sniggering, so turned off all together, to avoid questions of why I'm laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back