Slipknot - The Negative One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at that one like. Slipknot, Machine Head and Children of Bodom at the arena in 2009. My first ever show actually.
I was at that one. Never seen a crowd like it. I was sat high up in the seats to the side (I'm not a massive metal fan so played it safe :lol:) but watching the floor from up a height was a sight to behold. Might go and see them again in January.

Think I'll just get this from HMV. I've only listened to the first two tracks that were released like. Strangely, I haven't been that excited about it.

Iowa's probably me favourite like.

Iowa is probably their best album but my favourite is Vol. 3 The Subliminal Versus like

Listened about 6/7 times to the album now and it is very good. Gets much better each time anarl. The three 'singles' (The Devil In I, The Negative One and Custer) are a fair reflection I would say. Heavy but quite a melodic album, the vocals are spot on as would be expected.
It's fantastic, The Devil In I is brilliant, the video is absolutely brutal aswell :lol:

Got my tickets today and can't f***ing wait. I saw the holy trinity of Korn, slipknot then Metallica one after the other at download in 2004 I think. Joey jordison standing in for lars was something I'll never forget.

Seen slipknot at the arena on the subliminal verses tour - it really is a sight to behold during Spit it Out mind.

As for Korn - not so keen on the last decade tbh but anything before that are bona fide classics.

Fieldy playing Here to Stay man

It's overblown wankery.

I don't like Oasis and have a mild interest in The Stone Roses. I'm not sure why me liking either of them would be relevant though.
Ha'way man have a word with yourself. I'm not the worlds biggest Queen fan but slamming them because they're overblown is like complaining at Usain Bolt for being fast.

l

I have a ticket - WAR fuck you all!

I'm now on a retro shit metal - 'Why Can't This Be Love' - Sammy Hagar - DLR f***ing kills him! Check out 'I'm just a gigolo'

Just looked slipknot up on YouTube. My f***ing god what a load of shit. Grown men jumping about in gonk suits screaming their heeds off. Suppose depends what you like :/

You've looked up Slipknot :)

So let us know what you're into?

Just looked slipknot up on YouTube. My f***ing god what a load of shit. Grown men jumping about in gonk suits screaming their heeds off. Suppose depends what you like :/

All we've got is insane you f***ing dullard!

People = Shit

Please give me an alternative argument?

Best live show ever.

Insane - I am the only mother-fucker with a brain?

Last edited:
l

I'm now on a retro shit metal - 'Why Can't This Be Love' - Sammy Hagar - DLR f***ing kills him! Check out 'I'm just a gigolo'

People = Shit

Best live show ever.

Foo fi
l

People = Shit

Best live show ever.

Foo fighters ect... That's about as heavy as it gets for me

Iowa is probably their best album but my favourite is Vol. 3 The Subliminal Versus like

It's fantastic, The Devil In I is brilliant, the video is absolutely brutal aswell :lol:
They're all good records, to be fair. I think Vol 3 is what got me into them actually.

Foo fi

Foo fighters ect... That's about as heavy as it gets for me

You seen that Real To Reel film/documentary thing that Dave Grohl did? This is a canny song from it, singer is decent too ;)

I can't recommend enough that people listen/watch the 20 minute 'making of' version of it too:

I loved Dave Wyndorf's quote about nu metal (specifically The Burning Red abomination by Machine Head): "boo hoo daddy touched my asshole...now I'm really angry...now I'm really sad" (I may paraphrase)

What a steaming pile of horseshit. If you're over 16 years old and still like Slipknot I think you need to seek professional help.
Who do you listen to? ( I don't listen to Slipknot by the way but do listen to 'metal', although the term itself is very vague and misused. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back