Slipknot - The Negative One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone listened yet? Just stuck it on for the first time.
Bit confused cos my hi fi says 17 tracks yet it's the standard edition. Plus the special one has about 20.
Listened to it loads since yesterday, ideal work out album, loved it. Brilliant.

Our lass loves them, but I've only really heard a few songs by them, I do love 'Before I Forget' like. Just listening through the new album atm and it's alright tbh. Was on Ticketmaster looking for tickets for January but there's only seating tickets left

A bit disappointed in the new album. It's bland and the song structures are predictive and repetitive.

Saying that the first two albums are my favourites, which are a world away from this album.

Lol mate. Proper funny mini.

All Hope Is Gone is far better than this too, on first listen anyway.
I didn't massively think much of it after a listen (apart from the singles being very familiar with them) but really liked it after 3 or 4 listens.

The singles, plus AOV, Skeptic, Goodbye, Custer and If Rain What You Want are highlights for me. Custer should be absolutely mental live like, so looking forward to that in January!

Over all I would really say this is an album that sounds half way between a Stone Sour album and a Slipknot album. That's probably no shock though as Taylor is now the main songwriter, and also he is 40 year old now - he is calming down a bit :lol:

I think it's their worst. Middle of the road and pretty boring.

I don't think it's their worst like, but it's obviously never going to be as good as their older stuff, I've really enjoyed it, listened to it loads.

Lol mate. Proper funny mini.

All Hope Is Gone is far better than this too, on first listen anyway.

See I didn't enjoy that as much as this album, I don't think any of their albums are bad but all hope is gone is probably my least favourite

I don't think it's their worst like, but it's obviously never going to be as good as their older stuff, I've really enjoyed it, listened to it loads.

See I didn't enjoy that as much as this album, I don't think any of their albums are bad but all hope is gone is probably my least favourite
I'll give it a few more plays but something normally stands out on the first listen. I think Killpop and The Negative One are the only songs I enjoyed. The rest seemed like a clash between Slipknot and Stone Sour, not knowing which way they wanted to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back