So that's the conspiracy theorists f***ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
As posted above, I share your apparent cynicism.
I still think what we will have offered will have been as good as anything outside the entrenched top 6 mind..........

Ellis did want him and he will be very disappointed by the decision..

Good post.

The very fact that Dick only came for the short term and the club got under his skin to the extent that he even considered staying on (and not for the money) speaks volumes.

Hopefully his respected position in world football (and the money :lol:) will send out a message to other potential managers of what Sunderland are about.

It's a great opportunity to move the club forward and I just hope upon hope that the club make the most of it.

As a footnote, I'd also like to hope that Dick retains some ties with the club, spreads the word so to speak, is there to help with a bit of 'scouting' from his obvious worldwide network if asked, and just provide some advice, consultation and wisdom if needed.

Exactly, keep him on board in some capacity, let him spread the word.

Nothing wrong with our club, we could be f***ing huge again, just needs the right people to pull the strings.

Wrong. Again.

Dick left for personal reasons.

I take it you couldn't find the evidence to back up your claim then. You're supposed to be supporting this accusation...

"You were wrong yesterday to say it wasn't personal reasons...."

Now where did I say this?

Good post.

The very fact that Dick only came for the short term and the club got under his skin to the extent that he even considered staying on (and not for the money) speaks volumes.

Hopefully his respected position in world football (and the money :lol:) will send out a message to other potential managers of what Sunderland are about.

It's a great opportunity to move the club forward and I just hope upon hope that the club make the most of it.

As a footnote, I'd also like to hope that Dick retains some ties with the club, spreads the word so to speak, is there to help with a bit of 'scouting' from his obvious worldwide network if asked, and just provide some advice, consultation and wisdom if needed.

We have Dick Advocaat and Tierry Henry waxing lyrically about the club and its fans at the moment yet we have a dozen so called fans on here who like nothing better than to slag the club off at every opportunity. I'm not talking about someone who has a go at certain decisions - I've done it myself as you know - but that everything the club does or tries is shit.

I take it you couldn't find the evidence to back up your claim then. You're supposed to be supporting this accusation...

"You were wrong yesterday to say it wasn't personal reasons...."

Now where did I say this?
See the other thread. You were taking the piss out of people mentioning his wife.

Di Canio praised them, Poyet praised them and so did Advocaat.

Obviously that gets ignored and the bad press is believed.

That's because there's far more of one than the other. Di Canio was pilloried for public criticism of the players and Poyet didn't dare say anything as he'd seen what happened to his predecessor. Meanwhile the only consistency the players showed was having a month off after a good performance and doing what they liked off the pitch without fear of consequences. How exactly does a professional organisation get to a point where an allegedly misbehaving player's first sanction is a dawn raid by the police?
They behaved for Advocaat because they knew they wouldn't win v him and Short. Much like the first few months under Poyet til they got comfortable.

My opinion was,if he was delaying his decision,he was looking more to retirement than another job.Good luck in whatever he does.He did a good job for us,and i hope he was well rewarded for it.Enjoy your retirement Dick.

We are now a step further back though.The new man will have to spend time assessing what he's got,before buying or selling.

I don't believe that will be too much of a problem.

As much as I don't want the club to rush into a hasty decision, they still need to act fairly swiftly and decisively.

The players have a few weeks off before they return to training, and as regards the buying and selling, hopefully Congerton will be already looking at potential targets following his discussions with Advocaat. Players and managers will be on holiday at this point and it's often said that the market doesn't really start moving till they get back, so we will have a little bit of breathing space.

We have Dick Advocaat and Tierry Henry waxing lyrically about the club and its fans at the moment yet we have a dozen so called fans on here who like nothing better than to slag the club off at every opportunity. I'm not talking about someone who has a go at certain decisions - I've done it myself as you know - but that everything the club does or tries is shit.

See post #63 ;)

I still think what we will have offered will have been as good as anything outside the entrenched top 6 mind..........

Ellis did want him and he will be very disappointed by the decision..

The vast majority of fans will be marra. In terms of achievement he's the most successful manager we've had in my time.

Tin foil hats are class aren't they marrow

Interesting question - just how many times do you have to be proven right before you stop being called cynical/bedwetter/doom and gloom etc.

More and more people are thinking this way because it's more and more obvious that there's a grain of truth to it.

Interesting question - just how many times do you have to be proven right before you stop being called cynical/bedwetter/doom and gloom etc.

More and more people are thinking this way because it's more and more obvious that there's a grain of truth to it.
I don't know mate, I remember when Di Canio was getting the boot and we said it then. Still get laughed at on here but some people just can't be told/telt.

I dont believe in them
Aye but if they perform for a couple games a season will you then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back