So that's the conspiracy theorists f***ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

No doubt the article wont convince a certain figure of authority and financial expert that Congreton had anything to do with Dick's appointment either.

Let's make Clement the best paid in league and a 10 year contract

You were wrong yesterday to say it wasn't personal reasons. In fact you implied it was down to the transfer kitty.

You were wrong.
Aren't you looking at the wrong end here? If DA was given an offer he could not refuse and stayed then it would be clear the club is serious and there would be a transfer kitty. As he has not stayed - the offer could be refused - then we wait and see if the club is serious.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was offered a big contract, but I don't think it was down to money. I hope the part about transfers is true, but its more of a hope than expectation. Dick done us a favour by keeping us up (with a big slice of luck) but he has probably done us a bigger one by telling Short how it is and what he needs to do especially since he did keep us up so can't be seen as sour grapes and hasn't taken the job, so no axe to grind either.

The extract that struck a chord with me is the "... Advocaat, who is happy to consult Sunderland on his successor...."

It is to be hoped that Short and Congerton have grasped this opportunity with some enthusiasm. Advocaat would be a sage old head to have in this process. It is also to be hoped that Congerton is not to precious about his image to think that his nose would be put out of joint by delegating some responsibility to Advocaat in such a matter. Rather, he should recognise it as an unexpected bonus to his future career.

Surely if Short and Congerton could see the value of having a man like Advocaat in charge, then they're going to be more ambitious with the next choice of manager than the usual names that keep being mentioned?

The extract that struck a chord with me is the "... Advocaat, who is happy to consult Sunderland on his successor...."

It is to be hoped that Short and Congerton have grasped this opportunity with some enthusiasm. Advocaat would be a sage old head to have in this process. It is also to be hoped that Congerton is not to precious about his image to think that his nose would be put out of joint by delegating some responsibility to Advocaat in such a matter. Rather, he should recognise it as an unexpected bonus to his future career.
It has to said in this circumstance that congerton, or congers, also consulted other dignitaries on the advocaat appointment. Therefore, it is to be hoped that congerton gets this next appointment right also. But all signs point to a successful conclusion. It is to be hoped, anyway.

You have a very literary style for this place marra!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back